Best suspension for 19 yz450f

otool531
I’m looking at getting suspension for my yz450f. I’m 280 Texas rider. I’d say I’m a top novice rider. Some what aggressive.
Poll

Best suspension

Choices
|
crowe176
1/14/2020 2:19am Edited Date/Time 1/14/2020 2:47am
I’m vet expert (in my head) and I love love love the stock valving on my 19 yz450 Maybe try getting sprung for your weight and go from there first. I had CRF’s/RM’s over the years done by Facotry Connection (and local company’s) and they cant touch the 19 stock stuff. If you’re hellbent on spending the money though, Enzo would probably be your safest bet from one of the bigger places. The smartest option would be someone local that can work with you and watch you ride to see what it’s doing and where it needs work. Good luck man!
erik_94COBRA
1/14/2020 7:36am
Enzo is pretty well known for KYB. Have been very happy with them on many bikes. Be honest about your weight, skill, and likes/dislikes and they'll probably be very good for you too.

Also had a set of suspension done by Merge for an '08 CRF450 that was also very good.

captmoto
1/14/2020 9:42am Edited Date/Time 1/14/2020 9:45am
Springs for a 280# rider will overwhelm the rebound damping. Needs a revalve. I'm a Racetech guy from way back. Used Noleen way back when and they were very good. All the shops have different philosophies to arrive at the same place. Your communication with them are what makes the difference. I have had my last 4 bikes done by Race Tech. On both bikes I never had to touch the shock other than checking sag. The forks were just messing with the compression clickers but they have always been right on.
I like a shop I can actually get to which isn't a big deal because I'm a half hour from all the players in suspension.
How close to Enzo are you?

The Shop

49weasel
1/14/2020 12:11pm
Levi Kilbarger (Barcia's riding coach) who owns Bonzi suspension is good. I am 260lbs and decently fast.

His prices are reasonable and for us bigger guys his stuff works.
I've tried all but Merge and never was impressed.
otool531
1/14/2020 12:28pm
captmoto wrote:
Springs for a 280# rider will overwhelm the rebound damping. Needs a revalve. I'm a Racetech guy from way back. Used Noleen way back when and...
Springs for a 280# rider will overwhelm the rebound damping. Needs a revalve. I'm a Racetech guy from way back. Used Noleen way back when and they were very good. All the shops have different philosophies to arrive at the same place. Your communication with them are what makes the difference. I have had my last 4 bikes done by Race Tech. On both bikes I never had to touch the shock other than checking sag. The forks were just messing with the compression clickers but they have always been right on.
I like a shop I can actually get to which isn't a big deal because I'm a half hour from all the players in suspension.
How close to Enzo are you?
I’m about 1.5 from enzo and 2.5 from merge
otool531
1/14/2020 12:29pm
crowe176 wrote:
I’m vet expert (in my head) and I love love love the stock valving on my 19 yz450 Maybe try getting sprung for your weight and...
I’m vet expert (in my head) and I love love love the stock valving on my 19 yz450 Maybe try getting sprung for your weight and go from there first. I had CRF’s/RM’s over the years done by Facotry Connection (and local company’s) and they cant touch the 19 stock stuff. If you’re hellbent on spending the money though, Enzo would probably be your safest bet from one of the bigger places. The smartest option would be someone local that can work with you and watch you ride to see what it’s doing and where it needs work. Good luck man!
Why I’m kinda set on merge or enzo maybe this local guy that has awesome reviews lrd suspension I believe

Post a reply to: Best suspension for 19 yz450f

The Latest