Best “healthy” cleaners for mx bikes?

Related:
Create New Tag

5/14/2018 6:08 PM

By “healthy” i mean non corrosive cleaners.

I have always used mr clean white erasers on my plastics on they keep them looking good but thats only when i dissamble my bike for a deep cleaning once every few rides. I am looking for a cleaner to use after every ride...

I want something i can buy in bulk at the local walmart and not only at an mx shop where you hardly get any cleaner for $12.

I have heard scrubbing bubbles and simple green work good but i have used simple green diluted (scared to try straight simple green) and it really didnt do much... i have also tried purple power SUPER diluted with water with really no luck either.

Forgot to mention we ride mainly in muddy woods conditions. Lots of soupy, sandy, dusty stuff...

What do you guys have the most luck with here as a general good cleaner/wash?

Thanks!

|

5/14/2018 6:19 PM

Alec138 wrote:

By “healthy” i mean non corrosive cleaners.

I have always used mr clean white erasers on my plastics on they keep them looking good but thats only when i dissamble my bike for a deep cleaning once every few rides. I am looking for a cleaner to use after every ride...

I want something i can buy in bulk at the local walmart and not only at an mx shop where you hardly get any cleaner for $12.

I have heard scrubbing bubbles and simple green work good but i have used simple green diluted (scared to try straight simple green) and it really didnt do much... i have also tried purple power SUPER diluted with water with really no luck either.

Forgot to mention we ride mainly in muddy woods conditions. Lots of soupy, sandy, dusty stuff...

What do you guys have the most luck with here as a general good cleaner/wash?

Thanks!

Shout. Good cleaner, cheap. Harmless.

|

5/14/2018 6:37 PM

I use either Arm and hammer liquid laundry mixed 1/3 with water or simple green HD

|

5/14/2018 7:22 PM

Shout it out.

|

5/14/2018 10:40 PM

Shout is the most economical for sure at about $12/gallon. As a plus it works great on fabrics like jersey and pants before you put them in the washer.

Alco bike wash is really good too, can be found for About $20 for a gallon. It’s specific for bikes and atvs, though I wouldn’t say it’s superior to anything else I’ve used.

Chemical guys makes an off-road wash I want to try next. It’s $25/gallon.

|

5/15/2018 1:15 AM

Shout & awesome cleaner

|

5/15/2018 4:03 PM

Nothing works better than shout

|

5/15/2018 5:11 PM

Suzuki/Ecstar Performance Motorcycle Wash. It comes in a gallon for $30 and you can cut it 50/50 with water. It works really, really well and doesn't harm any plastics or metal coatings. It's $9.95 for a quart spray bottle if you want to go that route...

|

Braaapin' aint easy.

5/15/2018 6:02 PM

I use simple green and cut it as needed but after hearing that shout works well I may have to give it a try.

|

5/15/2018 6:56 PM

Mr. Clean. Works excellent, no downsides. 3 bucks a quart at Walmart

|

5/16/2018 5:32 AM

MR clean here as well. Much less harsh on aluminum than simple green.

|