Best handling upgrades for 2019 KTM 250sxf

I know these bikes already handle really well but just wondering what upgrades people have done that have made the most impact ?

Interested to hear people’s comments etc

I’ve done suspension.
|
AJ565
12/9/2019 9:01am
Ride Engineering performance link helps a lot with the rear end swapping into rough turns and track better down long rough straights. Out front Cone Valves are the best upgrade. Second to that would be the CRF steering damper. Those are the only chassis mods I've done and it was well worth it.
CarlinoJoeVideo
Fantasy
2361st
12/10/2019 7:19am
The biggest thing is getting your suspension balence first. Correct sag. Then tuning your suspension. If you have the money, a set of KYB or cone valve forks transform the bike.

A Vortex ECU from Twisted makes the bike incredibly easy to ride. Connects the throttle even more.

Make sure all bolts are torqued correct, especially the triple clamps. You can -5nm of the swingarm can help with softening up the bike if you need. -3 to 5nm torque on the engine mounts.

I believe that the CRF axle and axle blocks helps free up the rear end.

On the KTM it’s a lot of little things that add up like I’ve wrote above to make the bike work better.
mxryan25
12/10/2019 7:51am
I’ve just ordered a set of the factory triple clamps for my 350 which I’ve heard are quite an improvement with the added rigidity up front on the new frame, and I think the 20 mm offset option will be nice on some of my local tracks Cool unfortunately will likely not be able to test them for a few months :/
12/10/2019 2:25pm
I bought a 350 FC 2019 a month ago and here is the list of my futurs mods:

- Luxon MX Linkage knuckle
- FCP Mounts
- CRF Rear Axle
- Xtrig triple clamp
- KYB Factory Fork and Shock

I bought everything exept the fork, i need to find a good deal on the fork (Anybody knows where maybe?) and i think i'll have a complete package for a nice handling bike.

Also, i will add a set of Michelin Starcross Soft as i did read the front is better at lean in.

The Shop

ben5020
12/10/2019 8:39pm
I bought a 350 FC 2019 a month ago and here is the list of my futurs mods: - Luxon MX Linkage knuckle - FCP Mounts...
I bought a 350 FC 2019 a month ago and here is the list of my futurs mods:

- Luxon MX Linkage knuckle
- FCP Mounts
- CRF Rear Axle
- Xtrig triple clamp
- KYB Factory Fork and Shock

I bought everything exept the fork, i need to find a good deal on the fork (Anybody knows where maybe?) and i think i'll have a complete package for a nice handling bike.

Also, i will add a set of Michelin Starcross Soft as i did read the front is better at lean in.
Kyb sss forks with pro circuit national spring tubes, sdi spring perches, kyb billet lugs and xtrig triples 2500 shipped
12/11/2019 4:32am
ben5020 wrote:
Kyb sss forks with pro circuit national spring tubes, sdi spring perches, kyb billet lugs and xtrig triples 2500 shipped
Thank you but i am looking for a brand new fork or really slightly used
erik_94COBRA
12/11/2019 7:18am
ben5020 wrote:
Thank you but i am looking for a brand new fork or really slightly used
Assuming you actually are in France, this is a no brainer:
https://oneclick.com.ee/product-category/forks/?swoof=1&product_brands=…
12/11/2019 9:13am
Assuming you actually are in France, this is a no brainer:
https://oneclick.com.ee/product-category/forks/?swoof=1&product_brands=…
Thank you erik but i just closed the deal with Technical Touch Belgium and bought the fork there.

I can't wait to ride my bike with all the mods on ! Will do a build thread very soon once i receive everything

Cheers

Post a reply to: Best handling upgrades for 2019 KTM 250sxf

The Latest