Best clutch perch?

20hrs and stock one is getting floppy, it annoys me so much, I want it gone forever, what’s the best perch I can buy to eliminate it
|
FWYT
9/19/2021 11:44am
Man, I want to know, too, but can we talk about ones that don't cost $150.00? That just seems absurd. Woohoo
murph783
9/19/2021 11:49am
Everyone and their grandmother likes the works connection one. Honestly I’m pretty content with my stock one. Just replace as needed when it gets sloppy. Idk how expensive they are, but it can’t be as much
cwtoyota
9/19/2021 11:51am
20hrs and stock one is getting floppy, it annoys me so much, I want it gone forever, what’s the best perch I can buy to eliminate...
20hrs and stock one is getting floppy, it annoys me so much, I want it gone forever, what’s the best perch I can buy to eliminate it
Arc Levers.. Buy their complete perch and lever. It's a superior design.

He uses a pair of replaceable bronze bearings in the perch. Those bearings are spread out farther apart than the single bronze bearing in an OEM lever or the single roller bearing in all the other aftermarket perches.

Not only do they last forever, you can change the bronze bearings and the pivot bolt to make them feel like new
YZed250
9/22/2021 8:52am
I like both answers (fresh stock and ARC).
If its a Yamaha, the stock perch is a pretty close second to an ARC but it takes a little more work to keep it smooth and tight. I wasn't as much of a fan of a worcs connection perch on a YZ250. I never liked the ratio that much, personal preference, I guess.
I haven't used the other brands (except KTM).

The Shop

Moto520
9/22/2021 12:04pm
Works Connection all the way. Easy to keep smooth and no flop. Arc is good as well but there is a lot going on with those. I like them but prefer the Works Connection.
Sandusky26
9/22/2021 2:03pm
I couldn’t find a work’s connection in stock for my RMZ, so I bought the pro taper and it’s made it to 15 hours before it got a little loose.

One thing I like about the stock perch. Once it gets loose you can take some pliers and clamp down to make it tighter around the lever. I can make a loose perch feel brand new in 5 mins.
9/23/2021 1:30am
20hrs and stock one is getting floppy, it annoys me so much, I want it gone forever, what’s the best perch I can buy to eliminate...
cwtoyota wrote:
Arc Levers.. Buy their complete perch and lever. It's a superior design. He uses a pair of replaceable bronze bearings in the perch. Those bearings are...

He uses a pair of replaceable bronze bearings in the perch. Those bearings are spread out farther apart than the single bronze bearing in an OEM lever or the single roller bearing in all the other aftermarket perches.

Not only do they last forever, you can change the bronze bearings and the pivot bolt to make them feel like new
This^^^

Interesting, I didn’t realise you could replace the bearing in the perch.
cwtoyota
9/23/2021 3:14pm
cwtoyota wrote:
Arc Levers.. Buy their complete perch and lever. It's a superior design. He uses a pair of replaceable bronze bearings in the perch. Those bearings are...

This^^^

Interesting, I didn’t realise you could replace the bearing in the perch.
They have kits with the replacement parts.
Also, I think the older stuff used bronze (Apparently they're Teflon now).

https://arclevers.com/index.php?route=product/product&product_id=4

Post a reply to: Best clutch perch?

The Latest