Best boots/shoes for the shop

Related:
Create New Tag

3/1/2018 5:27 AM

Different kind of shop question here, but anyone that works in a shop/standing on concrete floors all day, what’s the best boot/steel toed shoe you’ve found? I’ve got a pretty bad lower back from years of racing and miscellaneous injuries, and being on the concrete all day only makes it worse. I always used to wear the logger type boots when I worked outdoors, but those don’t seem to cut it inside. Found something like a timberland pro with a shorter heel to be a little better but not a huge difference. Any advice?

|

RPM Performance
CT

3/1/2018 5:42 AM

I've tried about everything over the years, but with bad ankles, I have found regular Sketchers running shoes with memory foam soles feel the best after a long day in the shop. I find the combo of the memory foam and light weight makes the difference for me.

|

3/1/2018 6:09 AM

I wear under armour shoes when im in the shop. I havent found anything else as comfortable. Im not a professional mechanic so im not sure of those are allowed in a real shop. Osha doesnt apply to my garage tho.

|

3/1/2018 6:22 AM

So far for me working in a shop 8-5 mostly standing what I've found is DC Shoes unilite flex trainer. Light weight and not hot.

|

2018 KTM 250sx
Instagram CamaroAJ

3/1/2018 9:47 AM
Edited Date/Time: 3/1/2018 10:27 AM

Look at investing in some proper work boots. Buy a pair and never look back. Go American made, don't buy any hipster chinese shit. If you actually "work", the budget fashionista stuff won't last.

I'm a tall guy, I've struggled with maintaining posture my whole life. I have a pair of Red Wing 8" MOC toe getting resoled right now and a pair of 6" Thorogood plain toes I'm breaking in for summer, as it gets pretty hot here in California. Cork soles work as a perfect cushion for hard concrete floors, and arch supports insoles will help your posture and lower back even more. I can't even wear casual shoes for more than a couple hours anymore. I just end up wearing my boots when I go to the bar haha

Thorogoods run $100 less than Redwings in most cases. There's plenty of other options out there, these are just the two brands I trust the most.

|

@fiendz.cc

3/1/2018 10:25 AM

No shit, I never even realized cork soled boots existed. I’ve worn Redwings for my last few pair and I’m certainly happy with getting my money’s worth. Maybe I’ll go that route. Thanks for the heads up

|

RPM Performance
CT

3/1/2018 2:42 PM

Red wing are hard to beat. I have worn redwing boots for the last 15 years with no problems, They are a great work boot. Recently I picked up a pair of blundstones slip on boots. I got them for walking around in the bush on wet days. Then I ended up using them at work, Standing on my feet all day on concrete. They are very good and 10 times lighter than red wings.

|

3/3/2018 10:19 AM

I've had good luck with Georgia Giant boots if you're looking for steel toe boot that's not heavy and very comfortable. I'm on my feet all day long on concrete floors with no complaints. I know sketchers is making steel toe boots that are supposed to be comfortable as well.

|

3/4/2018 7:12 PM

Flip flops with socks for safety

|

3/4/2018 9:11 PM

Steel toes.
Last week a buddy of mine dropped something on his foot at his shop. Broken toe for him..

|

"Nothing happens until something moves"

3/5/2018 3:28 AM

Sievi Planar 3 is a nice working shoe with good protection

Photo

https://www.sievi.com/products/safety-shoes/planar-3-s3

|