Best YZ250 Clutch Basket Options?

RockyRider
Fantasy
3372nd
Title says it, after the third time filing my OEM basket I'm due for a new one. Just looking for some inout from others on which ones they've used and how they're holding up. Also do any come with the rubber dampers? Thanks guys
|
Acidreamer
10/26/2017 10:17am
Hinson, rekluse, wiseco are all pretty bulletproof Baskets
welder55
11/12/2017 9:46pm
I think just about any brand aftermarket basket would be a good upgrade from stock. Billet will be much stronger than the stock cast baskets. All the name brands do the same process on cnc machining the baskets, one company or the other might use a different alloy of aluminum than the other which would make them stronger or weaker.

When my stock basket shits the bed (which will be any day now) I will be ordering a Barnett basket. They have the hardened steel fingers on the basket which will aid in much longer wear and longevity of the basket.

Good luck
RockyRider
Fantasy
3372nd
11/14/2017 9:32am
welder55 wrote:
I think just about any brand aftermarket basket would be a good upgrade from stock. Billet will be much stronger than the stock cast baskets. All...
I think just about any brand aftermarket basket would be a good upgrade from stock. Billet will be much stronger than the stock cast baskets. All the name brands do the same process on cnc machining the baskets, one company or the other might use a different alloy of aluminum than the other which would make them stronger or weaker.

When my stock basket shits the bed (which will be any day now) I will be ordering a Barnett basket. They have the hardened steel fingers on the basket which will aid in much longer wear and longevity of the basket.

Good luck
Yep I ended up going with a Barnett basket. FYI they don't come with the rubber cushions but although mine felt loose in the oem basket, they were very tight in the new basket.
Keith72
11/14/2017 5:23pm
I put a wiseco basket in my 03 cr250 a couple of years ago. No notching and hardly any of the anodizing has rubbed off.

Post a reply to: Best YZ250 Clutch Basket Options?

The Latest