Best Engine Builder in Midwest?

Asnep815
Looking to send my 2018 CRF250 out for a basic rebuild and possibly some extra goodies. Already have a Hinson full clutch setup, a Ti Yoshi system with ecu remap for Renegade SX4 fuel and it runs great! But I'm wanting to throw in a JE piston, get the valves ran, throw on a Vortex ecu, and while its torn down i'd like to have the head ported. And sadly with the passing of the legend Ron Hamp at RHC, my first choice is no longer available. So who are your guys' go to engine builders around the Midwest? I know its a seemingly easy job, but knowing what I do about small to midsize engines, I know a properly and correctly done cylinder head can be a huge bump in performance, thank you!
|
kb228
7/17/2019 5:43pm
Tom Zont is has a great reputation
Asnep815
7/17/2019 5:46pm
kb228 wrote:
Tom Zont is has a great reputation
I've talked to Tom on several occasions, and he's a stand up guy for sure! And I've been lucky enough to ride several bikes he's built. Only thing that sucks is he's always swamped with work and often shuts down the bringing in of new bikes/orders as he has to catch up since its only him and Scott in there. But if he's able to, i'd for sure consider him!

The Shop

danman
7/18/2019 5:48am
The names you will hear most often in the Midwest are:
Zont
Williams
Gorr
Jr Jackson - not sure if he is working on bikes now or not.

The only one I've had actual experience with is Gorr. The work took a couple of weeks longer to complete, but it was the off-season, so I didn't care. You will have people that have had great experience with him, and others that have had nightmares.
Same goes for Williams. Some good, some bad.
The only stuff I'd heard about Zont is in this thread.
With Jr, I don't know if he does work on bikes for people or not, but that guy can work wonders with motors. I've never had work done, just witnessed others with work done by him.

I know of another guy in my neighborhood that I know does motor work and does an incredible job. His name id Kirk Mueller and he operates out of LaValle, WI. Again, I only know him through racing and how the bikes he works on run strong and clean. If you want his business info, I can try to get it. I don't know it off hand.
dmm698
7/18/2019 11:33am
I worked with Tom Morgan who was SUPER professional, very prompt in his timing, very easy to get a hold of, and delivered a great result in a minimal amount of time.
Paul_Pitzonka
7/18/2019 1:36pm Edited Date/Time 7/18/2019 1:37pm
dmm698 wrote:
I worked with Tom Morgan who was SUPER professional, very prompt in his timing, very easy to get a hold of, and delivered a great result...
I worked with Tom Morgan who was SUPER professional, very prompt in his timing, very easy to get a hold of, and delivered a great result in a minimal amount of time.
I second This... he’s done machine work for me... always returns calls/emails, very fast turn around time, and his work is phenomenal...

Post a reply to: Best Engine Builder in Midwest?

The Latest