Best Chest Protector

VxeR
I'm not looking for a roost deflector, I want something that will truly protect me in a crash.
I was looking at the Leatt Chest Protector 5.5 Pro HD, anyone has it?
Other good protectors I should look at?
|
Ktm 5
12/6/2016 4:11pm
In my opinion you can not beat the MotoXVest. My son has been wearing one for years and is the best actual protection you can buy. And my second choice is the RXR air vest. My son has never had any midsection injuries wearing his motoXvest and it is built with the best quality, in fact they even say u can powerwash then and we have been with zero issues.
ben5020
12/6/2016 7:29pm
I have the Leatt 5.5 body protector and I must say it is the shit! Keeps my ass bruise safe. I had a nasty spill a few months ago and if I weren't wearing this thing I'm sure I'd have plenty of broken bones, I was able to walk away very sore but not broken and was able to work after a few days of resting
pCp 252
Fantasy
2541st
12/6/2016 7:38pm Edited Date/Time 12/6/2016 7:40pm
The Troy Lee 5900 Chest Protector is my favorite. It's hard plastic around the core is really protective against a crash or roost. But at the same time it's not in your way or restricting like some other chest protectors, probably because there's less hard plastic around your shoulders and arms. I've also seen pics of a premier Fox contracted SX/MX rider wearing this chest protector.

The Shop

davidgrip
12/6/2016 7:56pm
Fox Racing Air Frame. Lightweight and great protection. Roost guards are designed for roost protection, but they give excellent protection in the case of a crash. I have been able to get back up and riding from every fall. Hard plastic and foam padding, just a lightweight version of football/hockey shoulder pads. I see the Pros bounce on the dirt, and if something as simple as a Roost Guard would have given some protection to prevented injury, why not wear one.

David
774 Chaplin Kawasaki
Factory Backing
Factory Seat
Acerbis
MX Engine Stand
Ktm 5
12/6/2016 9:06pm
Well being in the best shape a human body can be in plays a huge role in not breaking, so the pros can't really be compared unless your body is in the same shape
kzizok
Fantasy
2068th
12/6/2016 10:07pm Edited Date/Time 12/6/2016 10:18pm
Ktm 5 wrote:
Well being in the best shape a human body can be in plays a huge role in not breaking, so the pros can't really be compared...
Well being in the best shape a human body can be in plays a huge role in not breaking, so the pros can't really be compared unless your body is in the same shape
Actually, the more elite, the more to get injured.

http://nickgrantham.com/why-are-elite-athletes-always-injured/
Motofinne
12/7/2016 1:31am
I really like the Alpinestars A1 chest protector. Lightweight, relatively cheap and great ventilation.

VxeR
12/7/2016 2:30am
Alright so let's start with the TLD 5900, it doesn't seem to have much shoulder/side protection. Same with RXR, no shoulder protection. A1 too, no side and shoulder protection whatsoever. And this may seem a little stupid but I just don't like how the Airframe looks
GregDVT
12/7/2016 6:13am
I've been running the Acerbis Cosmo chest/back protector for a few years now and It has certainly done it's job. I got it without the full arm protection, but still have full torso coverage, the integrated (and removable) Kidney belt is also a sweet feature, that keeps the whole system securely in place if you decide to use it.

I've been run over in it and taken some nasty hits, it has held up great. Also relatively comfortable over or under the jersey.

http://www.motosport.com/acerbis-cosmo-protection-jacket
opyguy
12/7/2016 7:08am
google Alpinstar A-10
not sure if they make them anymore, good shoulder, back and rib protection.
You could take a baseball bat to someone wearing it and they would be fine, I particularly like the back protection.
hellion
12/7/2016 7:09am
I bought the Leatt after a shoulder reconstruction surgery, although I don't really think a chest protector can do anything to prevent an injury that most likely comes from your arm being pushed or pulled to a place it's not meant to go. Still, it could offer some piece of mind. The Leatt probably provides more protection than most, and it fits comfortably. My only complaint, it is way, way, too restrictive of air flow. In the summer it's near impossibly hot to wear. So, my search continues. Possibly the Fox Raptor, or Troy Lee 5900.....
VxeR
12/7/2016 7:55am
hellion wrote:
I bought the Leatt after a shoulder reconstruction surgery, although I don't really think a chest protector can do anything to prevent an injury that most...
I bought the Leatt after a shoulder reconstruction surgery, although I don't really think a chest protector can do anything to prevent an injury that most likely comes from your arm being pushed or pulled to a place it's not meant to go. Still, it could offer some piece of mind. The Leatt probably provides more protection than most, and it fits comfortably. My only complaint, it is way, way, too restrictive of air flow. In the summer it's near impossibly hot to wear. So, my search continues. Possibly the Fox Raptor, or Troy Lee 5900.....
Damn is it THAT bad? Would you say it's hotter than a full body protector?
hellion
12/7/2016 9:01am
Never wore one of those, so I don't know. I've found that if you wear it over the jersey it's just tolerable, if it's right against your skin it's not. And over the jersey, it's just ugly, but that's the way I've been wearing it lately.
romain524
12/7/2016 9:41am Edited Date/Time 12/7/2016 9:43am
In all honesty RXR Protect is the way to go! The air is the best material to absorb an impact without a doubt.
The more the product is rigid the more the impact will be violent on your body!!
It's like comparing the old cars and today's car. Now they are more flexible, they are able to absorb way better the impact of an accident!

I have seen the CE test results of the motocross protection. They test in a scale of 1 to 20. All the type of chest protection like Fox Proframe, Thor sentinel, Ufo, ... they are around 4 or 5 out of 20 in performance. All full body protector in general is around 7 or 8/20.

In the protection market RXR is currently the ONLY brand to have more than the average (10/20) on the CE test! So it's the only brand to really protect the riders.

models:

-Impact: 13/20
- Strongflex: 15/20
- Bullet: 18.5/20

The Bullet with the mix of foam, air bladder and plastic pad is the most efficient protection availabl on the market by FAR!!

If you want a shoulders/arms protection you can order the predator kit of RXR. The kit is dissociate of the chest protector so you're all free with your movements. It's not like a bull body protector have it's a bit harder to move.

http://rxrprotect.com/
http://rxrprotect.com/shop/fr/accessories/27-rxr-protect-protection-epa…
VxeR
12/7/2016 9:50am
romain524 wrote:
In all honesty RXR Protect is the way to go! The air is the best material to absorb an impact without a doubt. The more the...
In all honesty RXR Protect is the way to go! The air is the best material to absorb an impact without a doubt.
The more the product is rigid the more the impact will be violent on your body!!
It's like comparing the old cars and today's car. Now they are more flexible, they are able to absorb way better the impact of an accident!

I have seen the CE test results of the motocross protection. They test in a scale of 1 to 20. All the type of chest protection like Fox Proframe, Thor sentinel, Ufo, ... they are around 4 or 5 out of 20 in performance. All full body protector in general is around 7 or 8/20.

In the protection market RXR is currently the ONLY brand to have more than the average (10/20) on the CE test! So it's the only brand to really protect the riders.

models:

The Bullet with the mix of foam, air bladder and plastic pad is the most efficient protection availabl on the market by FAR!!

If you want a shoulders/arms protection you can order the predator kit of RXR. The kit is dissociate of the chest protector so you're all free with your movements. It's not like a bull body protector have it's a bit harder to move.

Something tells me you work for them lol.
I'd like shoulder protection without the burden of a separate piece of gear...

Well seems like I'll get the Leatt and test out the hotness myself, if it's too much I'll try the a10 I guess.
romain524
12/7/2016 11:56am Edited Date/Time 2/14/2017 1:57pm
romain524 wrote:
In all honesty RXR Protect is the way to go! The air is the best material to absorb an impact without a doubt. The more the...

models:

VxeR wrote:
Something tells me you work for them lol. I'd like shoulder protection without the burden of a separate piece of gear... Well seems like I'll get...
Something tells me you work for them lol.
I'd like shoulder protection without the burden of a separate piece of gear...

Well seems like I'll get the Leatt and test out the hotness myself, if it's too much I'll try the a10 I guess.
12/8/2016 9:26am
Seems little short to me, no protection on the lower back (full of nerves) and tailbone
kidney belt ?
pCp 252
Fantasy
2541st
12/8/2016 10:39am
VxeR wrote:
Alright so let's start with the TLD 5900, it doesn't seem to have much shoulder/side protection. Same with RXR, no shoulder protection. A1 too, no side...
Alright so let's start with the TLD 5900, it doesn't seem to have much shoulder/side protection. Same with RXR, no shoulder protection. A1 too, no side and shoulder protection whatsoever. And this may seem a little stupid but I just don't like how the Airframe looks
If you're looking for shoulder protection, then look at the Troy Lee 5950. It's the same core as the 5900 with integrated shoulder protection.

Post a reply to: Best Chest Protector

The Latest