Bad idea to keep a spare Li-Ion Battery on a charger continuously?

Rider 5280
Edited Date/Time 9/28/2020 5:27pm
Guys,

I am new to non-kickstart MX bikes and really don't like the idea of being stranded because of bad battery ... and I'm off to a bad start with the OEM battery.

Given this, I am considering just buying a spare battery (Shorai or WPS) and am wondering if these types of batteries do well being kept on a charger continuously until thy are needed?

Any insight appreciated!
|
Paw Paw
9/28/2020 5:51pm
These batteries do better when used. The discharge and recharge help keep the battery alive a long time. I have seen no real reason to keep them on a charger all the time.

Paw Paw
skypig
9/29/2020 1:30am
They can hold a charge for a long time. Like a year.
Don’t leave it on the charger.

Follow the instructions. Some use conventional chargers. Other require LiPo chargers. I believe.
JK714
9/29/2020 10:26am
skypig wrote:
They can hold a charge for a long time. Like a year. Don’t leave it on the charger. Follow the instructions. Some use conventional chargers. Other...
They can hold a charge for a long time. Like a year.
Don’t leave it on the charger.

Follow the instructions. Some use conventional chargers. Other require LiPo chargers. I believe.
Agree with this. I've read somewhere that leaving it on a trickle charge too long will heat it enough to start slowly driving the electrolytic fluid out, and eventually ruin the battery.

Post a reply to: Bad idea to keep a spare Li-Ion Battery on a charger continuously?

The Latest