Attack graphics seat covers?

Alec138
Edited Date/Time 12/13/2019 3:49pm
Looking at getting one to go on my ktm seat as the stock one 2016 is like ice. I slip around on it too much when i get stuck on a hill or just riding really. Ive been reading reviews on RMATVs site and people say they are super hard to get on right and you get wrinkles in the cover no matter what you do....etc etc.

Wondering who has used these covers and what your experience was? Ive never put a seat cover on before either so I will probably take it somewhere if I struggle too hard.
|
JohnMatrix
12/12/2019 3:27pm
I haven't tried attack, but have tried several others. I just run Guts seat covers now. The grip, fit and quality are excellent. There are coupon codes available so usually you can get a plain guts cover for around $40-50. They typically have a stretchy band around the perimeter to help hold the cover on while you're installing. Instructions are provided to show you which edges in order to staple down. Excellent product, I won't run anything else.

If you're gonna install yourself, I recommend getting a cheap harbor freight pneumatic staple gun. It will save you a lot of headache. You want wide crown and a fairly shallow staple. I'd have to look at the exact dimensions I have at home. Try around 75-80psi air pressure at the gun. Should be plenty to get the staples to penetrate without blowing through the cover. You can definitely do as good of a job as anyone if you take your time and make sure things stay lined up as you are stretching the cover before shooting each staple.
Alec138
12/12/2019 5:01pm
JohnMatrix wrote:
I haven't tried attack, but have tried several others. I just run Guts seat covers now. The grip, fit and quality are excellent. There are coupon...
I haven't tried attack, but have tried several others. I just run Guts seat covers now. The grip, fit and quality are excellent. There are coupon codes available so usually you can get a plain guts cover for around $40-50. They typically have a stretchy band around the perimeter to help hold the cover on while you're installing. Instructions are provided to show you which edges in order to staple down. Excellent product, I won't run anything else.

If you're gonna install yourself, I recommend getting a cheap harbor freight pneumatic staple gun. It will save you a lot of headache. You want wide crown and a fairly shallow staple. I'd have to look at the exact dimensions I have at home. Try around 75-80psi air pressure at the gun. Should be plenty to get the staples to penetrate without blowing through the cover. You can definitely do as good of a job as anyone if you take your time and make sure things stay lined up as you are stretching the cover before shooting each staple.
Ive thought about guts and motoseat but to me they are all the same thing really. I do think the guts velcro covers are sick though. I just want something better than the stock ice ring on my seat now. As far as a air stapler and staples. The RMATV one comes with a pack of them. Was going to go to harbor freight and pick a cheap stapler up then return it.
mxb2
12/13/2019 7:19am
JohnMatrix wrote:
I haven't tried attack, but have tried several others. I just run Guts seat covers now. The grip, fit and quality are excellent. There are coupon...

Alec138 wrote:
Ive thought about guts and motoseat but to me they are all the same thing really. I do think the guts velcro covers are sick though...
Ive thought about guts and motoseat but to me they are all the same thing really. I do think the guts velcro covers are sick though. I just want something better than the stock ice ring on my seat now. As far as a air stapler and staples. The RMATV one comes with a pack of them. Was going to go to harbor freight and pick a cheap stapler up then return it.
Not cool, how about borrow a stapler. Or just. Keep the one you buy.
Lynch
12/13/2019 7:38am
mxb2 wrote:
Not cool, how about borrow a stapler. Or just. Keep the one you buy.
I wonder if he would keep if it came with some kickass mx stickers Whistling

The Shop

fourfourone
12/13/2019 8:05am
What a broke ass thing to do. Return a 20 dollar stapler after you use it.

Anyway. Take all the guess work out and have an upholstery shop do it. I have a guts seat cover and its been perfect for over 40 hours of riding moto. My ass sticks to it like Velcro. I even got it for 40% on black Friday last year. I had an upholstery shop do it and it hasn't moved and inch.

jayB22
Fantasy
2149th
12/13/2019 8:27am
I have an attack on my 250sx. Put it on myself with a regular stanley stapler. I brought in the house, used a hair drier to warm it up and make it a little stretchier. Used i think 1/4" - wide staples. Took my time with it and was able to remove all of the wrinkles. I have a step in my seat which added a little challenge, but doable. Was to cheap to pay for an upholsterer i guess.Came out great with no rips or tears after ~50hrs. I personally have no complaints.
mxb2
12/13/2019 8:37am
What a broke ass thing to do. Return a 20 dollar stapler after you use it. Anyway. Take all the guess work out and have an...
What a broke ass thing to do. Return a 20 dollar stapler after you use it.

Anyway. Take all the guess work out and have an upholstery shop do it. I have a guts seat cover and its been perfect for over 40 hours of riding moto. My ass sticks to it like Velcro. I even got it for 40% on black Friday last year. I had an upholstery shop do it and it hasn't moved and inch.

Bingo,. May aswell go to a clothing store.wear the clothes, return them. Hood rat mentality.
Tracktor
12/13/2019 10:34am
I've installed more seat covers than I can count. The Attack ones are pretty much the same to install as any other multi-piece cover. Not that tough to do and decent quality......
kb228
12/13/2019 10:34am
Wtf...

1st of all: just get a motoseat cover.

2nd: can you seriously not just buy a stapler? Wow.
SBD
12/13/2019 10:50am
Lay the seat cover out in the sun for a half /hour before you install it. They are very easy to do.
I do the same with graphics, It seems to help a lot !

Post a reply to: Attack graphics seat covers?

The Latest