Any Showa A Kit EXPERTS on here.

caz345
I need to talk with someone who actually knows what they are talking about for the older Showa A kit stuff
around 2005- 2009. Feel free to PM me.

Thanks!
|
Flipsid33
5/20/2022 4:16pm
Maybe if you could start with what you need and what you have vs. someone having to message you not knowing what your particular needs are.
caz345
5/20/2022 7:49pm
Well to be more specific I Need the check valve parts that go in the top part of the shock shaft. I sent my shaft in to get recoated and I sent them a pic of the top of the shaft and asked if I needed to remove them and they said no and they could coat it the way it was. Well they took the parts out anyways and lost them. So long story short i'm trying to get the shock back together the way Bones had it set up for me. I do not know how it was configured or how many parts they took out. Ive been told there could be as many as 4-5 parts missing. Trying to find these parts is like looking for chicken lips.lol.
I thought maybe someone on here would know which parts I need to properly set it back up right.

Or if I could find a nice clean A kit shock that properly fits my bike I may be interested in buying it to use until my quest is finished finding the rest of the puzzle pieces im missing.
Factor E
5/21/2022 2:38pm
Did you call PC?? All your stuff is on record not computer if Bones did it.
They should have the parts or be able to get them.
Check w Josh at AEO
caz345
5/22/2022 11:54pm
PC was the first place I called since thats where I purchased it years ago, Nobody can tell me how the check valve was configured.
Are you talking about the california AEO or the Arizona AEO ? Already talked to the arizona one but no help from them either, I also talked to Destry Abbot and Destrys old mechanic too, seems like nobody remembers these old setups. Beyond frustrated, I need to get this bike back together the way it was.

The Shop

GnccDE
5/29/2022 4:32am
Coalregion rider on here knows alot about a kit stuff. I never had an luck with PC they want u to ship your stuff to them so they can bill u for thousands.
Art of war does alot of a kit stuff, and pr2 does some too.
Factor E
5/29/2022 5:10pm
You can have your shock revalved without the check valve
caz345
6/1/2022 1:14pm
Factor E wrote:
You can have your shock revalved without the check valve
I like the set up I had. I do not want to revalve as its already set up for me, I just need the remaining check valve pieces im missing and im good to go.
GnccDE
6/2/2022 4:36am
I know racetech sells check valve setups.
dmm698
6/2/2022 9:03am Edited Date/Time 6/2/2022 9:05am
GnccDE wrote:
Pretty sure thats just a nut, Kit shafts have a threaded area for varying components to go down inside the shaft (plate with varing dia hole, tube ect).
caz345
6/2/2022 10:49am
GnccDE wrote:
The racetech check valve is a nut that replaces the shock shaft nut and is for supercross applications, so will not work for me.
caz345
6/2/2022 10:52am
GnccDE wrote:
dmm698 wrote:
Pretty sure thats just a nut, Kit shafts have a threaded area for varying components to go down inside the shaft (plate with varing dia hole...
Pretty sure thats just a nut, Kit shafts have a threaded area for varying components to go down inside the shaft (plate with varing dia hole, tube ect).
Yes the " varying components" that go inside the shock shaft. thats exactly what im looking for I cant believe it took this long for someone to realize what I was asking about, lol.
Rider 5280
6/3/2022 6:56am Edited Date/Time 6/3/2022 6:57am
GnccDE wrote:
dmm698 wrote:
Pretty sure thats just a nut, Kit shafts have a threaded area for varying components to go down inside the shaft (plate with varing dia hole...
caz345 wrote:
Yes the " varying components" that go inside the shock shaft. thats exactly what im looking for I cant believe it took this long for someone...
Yes the " varying components" that go inside the shock shaft. thats exactly what im looking for I cant believe it took this long for someone to realize what I was asking about, lol.
The way you say that, it sounds like you're calling the people who came to your aid idiots, FYI.

I'd be thanking them.
caz345
6/3/2022 10:04am
dmm698 wrote:
caz345 wrote:
Yes the " varying components" that go inside the shock shaft. thats exactly what im looking for I cant believe it took this long for someone...
Rider 5280 wrote:
The way you say that, it sounds like you're calling the people who came to your aid idiots, FYI.

I'd be thanking them.
Not trying to be a jerk to anybody that responded I do appreciate all the responses, Im just super frustrated. My bike has been sitting in pieces for over 2 months now and its 100 plus degrees out now so when I get it back together its not going to be much fun in this heat, lol. I have spent 2-3 DAILY for over a month trying to locate these parts or another clean shock with no luck. There not a lot of people who remembers the details of these older shocks so its been difficult.
I meet someone who may be able to help me out though the other day so Ill update you guys if anything develops.
Thanks to everyone who chimed in, its much appreciated!
Rider 5280
6/3/2022 11:12am Edited Date/Time 6/3/2022 11:15am
caz345 wrote:
Rider 5280 wrote:

I'd be thanking them.
caz345 wrote:
Not trying to be a jerk to anybody that responded I do appreciate all the responses, Im just super frustrated. My bike has been sitting in...
Not trying to be a jerk to anybody that responded I do appreciate all the responses, Im just super frustrated. My bike has been sitting in pieces for over 2 months now and its 100 plus degrees out now so when I get it back together its not going to be much fun in this heat, lol. I have spent 2-3 DAILY for over a month trying to locate these parts or another clean shock with no luck. There not a lot of people who remembers the details of these older shocks so its been difficult.
I meet someone who may be able to help me out though the other day so Ill update you guys if anything develops.
Thanks to everyone who chimed in, its much appreciated!
Such a bummer --- good luck and get that bad boy running again!

I lived in Yuma for ~ 12 years and we rode all summer. It's up to like 120-125 degrees at times as you well know! The key for me was pouring 2 pitchers of water all over my gear before we headed out - worked like a charm.

Post a reply to: Any Showa A Kit EXPERTS on here.

The Latest