Aer forks to sss

Related:
Create New Tag

9/17/2017 4:23 PM

Just purchased a 17 husky fc350 and can't stand the air forks! As the track gets rougher and the ride sessions are let's say 20/30 mins the suspension gets tough especially the slap down landings, I can't get into adjusting air all the time and bleeding them after every moto so I'm thinking about using the 17 yz250f fork inserts that are already valves by factory connections. I tried getting the cad drawings emailed to me from bowser I believe is the members name but for some reason they wouldn't download so I'm curious who should I go to for this conversion?

|

9/27/2017 7:14 PM

Photo

|

9/27/2017 7:16 PM

Photo

|

9/27/2017 7:19 PM

Well with the help of Jeremy kready fron evo industries east and technical touch we were able to make the sss forks fit on the husky! Hopefully tomorrow I can take it out and see how it all feels, I'm excited to not have to mess with the air forks ever again. I'll update with some feedback after I have a little time on it.

|

9/28/2017 3:02 PM

ben5020 wrote: Photo

Very interested to see how this plays out.. please make a review or post letting us know how it goes!

|

9/30/2017 9:26 PM

How hard/expensive was this swap! I have been thinking about this as well. Please give ride update

|

10/1/2017 4:08 AM

I was able to ride for a little while on a local track that wasn't in the greatest of shape but all in all the suspeiin was pretty good. I felt a little knifing in a few turns but that could be the slippery conditions entering turns. It soaked up everything just they way I was hoping it would and no longer has the initial harshness I was feeling with the air forks. I am riding today at a sand track for some more testing/setup and I'll let you know how it goes in a groomed track that hopefully gets choppy so I can really push it. Triples and lower lugs cost $1600, have to get some spacers/washers machines for the lower tubes o-ring and the lugs to work together but all in all it bolts right up. I did notice a clunk sort of feeling up top like in the handlebars but I'm thinking that could just be the characteristic of these bar mounts, everything has been re torqued see if it still happens today.

|

10/10/2017 6:48 PM

Ok so I was able to get more seat time and dial in the suspension and I must say it's freaking amazing! The clunk I was feeling was from the stem being loose, stupid me must not have snugged it up enough. Raced last weekend and it got pretty rough in some areas with braking and accelerating bumps, well more like whoops, but with a few clicks it was plush and didn't bottom! I'm amazed with how well it soaked everything up. Evo suspension Jeremy kready killed it with this setup! If anyone's contemplating which way to go I strongly suggest the sss swap, bladder kit in the rear and pro circuit lower link/knuckle.

|

10/11/2017 4:14 AM
Edited Date/Time: 10/11/2017 4:16 AM

So for the clamps, what spacers did you use? Assuming they are husky/ktm clamps as the front fender still fits. Are the SSS forks the same length as the AER forks? If not any internal modifications or where are you running the forks in the clamps?

|

10/11/2017 4:26 AM

How much got the AERs, if they're for sale?

|

10/11/2017 4:36 AM

Premix wrote:

So for the clamps, what spacers did you use? Assuming they are husky/ktm clamps as the front fender still fits. Are the SSS forks the same length as the AER forks? If not any internal modifications or where are you running the forks in the clamps?

The clamps are made to take the sss forks but still use ktm wheel,spacers and brakes so there isn't any shims/spacers necessary. The forks are a little shorter then the aer's so I am running them at the bottom of the top nut.

|

10/11/2017 4:37 AM

swtwtwtw wrote:

How much got the AERs, if they're for sale?

Sorry I already sold the aer's

|

10/11/2017 4:45 AM

Premix wrote:

ben5020 wrote:

The clamps are made to take the sss forks but still use ktm wheel,spacers and brakes so there isn't any shims/spacers necessary. The forks are a little shorter then the aer's so I am running them at the bottom of the top nut.

Gotcha. So the lugs screw on no issues, I got that, I was curious, and maybe I didn’t state it clearly, what spacers did you use for the triple clamps. From everything I read, you have to use shims. Did you have the triples custom machined? If not would the stock triple clamps work?

|

10/11/2017 5:11 AM

Premix wrote:

ben5020 wrote:

Premix wrote:

Gotcha. So the lugs screw on no issues, I got that, I was curious, and maybe I didn’t state it clearly, what spacers did you use for the triple clamps. From everything I read, you have to use shims. Did you have the triples custom machined? If not would the stock triple clamps work?

Xtrig makes thes triples for this specific application, kyb sss forks to fit ktm bikes. Triples slide right in without any shims and you use the stock wheel,spacers and brakes. The kyb lugs are also made for this specific application but they do need a washer type piece machines for the bottoming cone oring,

|

10/11/2017 5:13 AM

|

5/25/2020 6:21 PM

Hi, can you please help me out, I cannot find where I can get this fork stub I suppose it is KYB SSS to fit ktm wheel and brake caliper right?

|

5/25/2020 7:23 PM

Not sure if they're producing them yet but maybe try these guys
https://luxonmx.com

|

5/25/2020 8:12 PM

Technical touch sells them

|

5/26/2020 4:51 AM

syky27 wrote:

Hi, can you please help me out, I cannot find where I can get this fork stub I suppose it is KYB SSS to fit ktm wheel and brake caliper right?

Technical touch sells these billet lower lugs for kyb to ktm conversions

|

5/26/2020 5:37 AM

syky27 wrote:

ben5020 wrote:

Technical touch sells these billet lower lugs for kyb to ktm conversions

Thank! Found them seem like those will be more expensive than those used KYB SSS that I got 🤯

I got the whole font end, from 2015 YZ450F I wonder if I should try to run the Nissin brake and the wheel from yamaha...

I am fitting these to my EXC 500, that I use for enduro/cross country/enduro sprints and rallies, I also have 2018 YZ450F which I love on the track and I am big fan of the KYB suspension...

I only worry that the Nissin brake is shit on the setup I got...

|

5/26/2020 7:53 AM

SrfNdirt wrote:

Not sure if they're producing them yet but maybe try these guys

We're still working on those. Got sidetracked with other more-pressing projects!

|

Billy Wight
Luxon MX
@LuxonMX
Motocross Components Engineered for Performance