Adjusting TPS on FC 450 /2019 SOLVED

WEAL
2/26/2019 7:54am Edited Date/Time 2/27/2019 2:02am
Hello
I have the harness with the correct sockets so I tried to check the TPS setting on my Husky. Despite checking with three different multimeters I could not get a correct reading, all I got was 0,168 V DC. When opening or closing the throttle there is no change. I checked the tutorials in Youtube and so far I did not find my fault. What am I missing?
Thanks in advance
|
erik_94COBRA
2/26/2019 8:53am
WEAL wrote:
Hello I have the harness with the correct sockets so I tried to check the TPS setting on my Husky. Despite checking with three different multimeters...
Hello
I have the harness with the correct sockets so I tried to check the TPS setting on my Husky. Despite checking with three different multimeters I could not get a correct reading, all I got was 0,168 V DC. When opening or closing the throttle there is no change. I checked the tutorials in Youtube and so far I did not find my fault. What am I missing?
Thanks in advance
Did you bump the start button in order to power the circuit?
WEAL
2/26/2019 9:14am
Yes, I bump started and got that reading. After about 8 seconds the relay switches off again. Even when the engine runs I don´t get any difference in readings....
Paw Paw 271
2/26/2019 10:19am
Faulty TPS would be my first guess.

Paw Paw
Paul_Pitzonka
2/26/2019 10:29am Edited Date/Time 2/26/2019 10:32am
did you check to make sure you have a full 5 volts coming into the tps... if so then I would say faulty tps as well.. Also you can test resistance instead of voltage to see if the the tps is functioning at all... The TPS doesn’t need to have reference voltage to it to check resistance... As you open the throttle you should see an increase in resistance

The Shop

WEAL
2/26/2019 12:13pm
So I went to check the resistance of the TPS on the Husky. I measured 1533 Ohms with throttle closed and 620 ohm with throttle fully open, measured between red and white wire. This is reproduceable on the Husky and on the KTM SXF 450/18. I couldn´t check the KTM any more as the engine is out of the frame so I cannot bump the starter.
On the Husky I can bump the starter and get a reading of 4,89 Volt DC with the scale set to 20 Volts, wires plugged in red and black.Those 4,89 Volts are shown until the relay switches off after several seconds. In that moment I get a short reading of 0,44 to 0,6Volts before the reading returns to 0.00. This is very confusing. I hope I have the KTM running again soon to compare and find out, where the problem is. The harness is allright, no resistance in each wire when measured between the sockets.
The Husky runs good but does not hit as hard as the KTM, I just wanted to make sure that the setting is optimised - now I lose my sleep over this. Has anybody checked his TPS signal on a MY 2019 bike?
erik_94COBRA
2/26/2019 1:45pm
WEAL wrote:
So I went to check the resistance of the TPS on the Husky. I measured 1533 Ohms with throttle closed and 620 ohm with throttle fully...
So I went to check the resistance of the TPS on the Husky. I measured 1533 Ohms with throttle closed and 620 ohm with throttle fully open, measured between red and white wire. This is reproduceable on the Husky and on the KTM SXF 450/18. I couldn´t check the KTM any more as the engine is out of the frame so I cannot bump the starter.
On the Husky I can bump the starter and get a reading of 4,89 Volt DC with the scale set to 20 Volts, wires plugged in red and black.Those 4,89 Volts are shown until the relay switches off after several seconds. In that moment I get a short reading of 0,44 to 0,6Volts before the reading returns to 0.00. This is very confusing. I hope I have the KTM running again soon to compare and find out, where the problem is. The harness is allright, no resistance in each wire when measured between the sockets.
The Husky runs good but does not hit as hard as the KTM, I just wanted to make sure that the setting is optimised - now I lose my sleep over this. Has anybody checked his TPS signal on a MY 2019 bike?
I think Digger29 has (for 2018.5).

I will as soon as my TPS harness comes in.
Paul_Pitzonka
2/26/2019 2:07pm
My apologies... I re-read what I wrote... the decrease in resistance is correct... are you trying to adjust it running or just by bumping the starter? They are hard to adjust by just bumping the starter due to the low amount of time they receive signal...
WEAL
2/26/2019 2:34pm
Until now I tried to get the reading that all the youtube films show - but for whatever reason I cannot get all my multimeters to show a understandable reading. So I marked the TPS housing in relation to the throttle housing and losened the screws. I turned it a little ccw and got instantly a rev increase of about 2-300 revs.This seems to help the idle setting as it is more stable and not stumbling any more. I am only worrying about overdoing anything and would like to verify my adjustment with a repeatable number on a multimeter scale.....
Will run the bike tomorrow and check the multimeter while idling - maybe that will work....
Thanks for the input, would really like to solve the puzzle!
WEAL
2/27/2019 2:02am
Here comes my solution: I bumpstarted the bike and could not get another reading between red and black as the 4,89 Volts DC. So I then switched the red multimeter wire to the white wire between the red and black. Left the black multimeter in the black wire of TPS and VOILA - I have a reading. As the bike was set to 0,51, I losened the screws and put it up to 0,62. The idle was low and rough so I backed off to 0,55. Idle is high and stable, sounds snappy. Tried 0,57 and it still got better. I will leave it there and try the bike to see if we have a little more fun! When I twist the throttle to fully open the reading goes up to 4,53VDC
9to5guy
6/3/2019 3:22pm
I just seen this thread and I am having issues with my 2019 fc450 to turn it up do you loosen the two star head bolts and adjust the hole piece or can you adjust it on the actual tps meter?
blaze 57
6/3/2019 9:06pm
Yeah once you get the TPS at around .60 or higher the first thing you notice how "snappy" it will rev. Its instantaneous. This is where it should be. Mine was only .49 from the factory and not snappy. Once I got the setting at .62 it was a huge difference how fast it revved.
WEAL
6/3/2019 10:39pm
9to5guy wrote:
I just seen this thread and I am having issues with my 2019 fc450 to turn it up do you loosen the two star head bolts...
I just seen this thread and I am having issues with my 2019 fc450 to turn it up do you loosen the two star head bolts and adjust the hole piece or can you adjust it on the actual tps meter?
Before you adjust the TPS, connect the harness and take readings from the factory set-up and how it changes when you move the throttle. Write them down. Then loosen those two screws and adjust the TPS. If you don´t find improvement you can always go back to the factory setting.
I adjusted my bike to 0,57 and leave it there, seems to be the best position for my engine. Other engines might like a different number so just try it.
9to5guy
6/4/2019 2:23pm
I haven’t gotten to ride it yet but I put it at .61 and it sounds 10 times better than before, it doesn’t seem like all the backfires are completely done but 1 every couple throttle twists is better than it sounding like a machine gun behind me everytime I let off the gas lol

Post a reply to: Adjusting TPS on FC 450 /2019 SOLVED

The Latest