AER conversion (mxtech lucky/tech touch/Fc spring conversion)

Related:
Create New Tag

5/1/2020 9:48 AM

Hammer 663s wrote:

That's my experience with the Lucky Gen 1 on my 18 FC350. I've got 15+ hours on them now.

Are you big and/or fast? I'm a 190lb Vet Int (i.e. slow) and decided after conversations with MX Tech that the Gen 2 was probably overkill for me.

Hammer

I've gotten about 4 hours on them so far. Im 170lb Vet Int, after talking with them i went on with the Carbon. Naturally i cant compare but im 110% satisfied with it. I went 2 clicks softer on the comp and havnt touched anything else. I questioned at first, i told them im a good rider, but i'm def not a pro. Since i ride strictly moto, thats the direction we went. I will say my speed has picked up everytime i've been on it, and i think there's still more room for gains as i get more comfortable with the setup, its nice having a plush predictable front end.

|

5/1/2020 9:58 AM

rideorange777 wrote:

I've gotten about 4 hours on them so far. Im 170lb Vet Int, after talking with them i went on with the Carbon. Naturally i cant compare but im 110% satisfied with it. I went 2 clicks softer on the comp and havnt touched anything else. I questioned at first, i told them im a good rider, but i'm def not a pro. Since i ride strictly moto, thats the direction we went. I will say my speed has picked up everytime i've been on it, and i think there's still more room for gains as i get more comfortable with the setup, its nice having a plush predictable front end.

That's exactly my experience again. I'm strictly moto too. We have our own track, somewhat supercross in nature, and I ride it a lot. I'm pretty decent for an old guy, but no pro for sure. I too can go way, way faster now - faster than I can think and react at my age. smile I need to let a truly fast guy ride my bike and see what he thinks.

Mike

|

5/1/2020 10:09 AM

Hammer 663s wrote:

That's exactly my experience again. I'm strictly moto too. We have our own track, somewhat supercross in nature, and I ride it a lot. I'm pretty decent for an old guy, but no pro for sure. I too can go way, way faster now - faster than I can think and react at my age. smile I need to let a truly fast guy ride my bike and see what he thinks.

Mike

A friend of mine rode it last weekend, he's rode Kawi's for a long time and when he got off the bike he said it was the best suspended bike hes ever rod. And this comes from someone 30lbs heavier than me. His Kawi was set up by pro circuit. I typically hit 6 or 7 races a years, i've got muddy creek right here about 5 mins from my house. Glad yours is working out, i seriously cant recommend it enough and it gets better each time i ride it.

|

5/3/2020 7:04 AM
Edited Date/Time: 5/3/2020 7:05 AM

One more comment on this - I put on fresh Pirelli MX32 soft/mids this week. The stock Dunlops had a lot of hours on them and were done. I purchased them based on Keefer's recent review and their pricing.

Holy mother of traction! What a massive difference in front end feel and control. I over jumped a fast, 65' table at our track and kinda whiskey throttled heading into the bowl turn just after it. I thought I was going over the berm for sure, but no, the front just stuck and I went through the turn faster than I ever thought I could. And I think it had more in it, even tho I probably don't. Now I know what the bike can do, even with a spode like me on it.

Grooming this morning, then riding this afternoon. We've had a little rain so it should be just primo.

Hammer

|

5/28/2020 5:31 PM

rideorange777 wrote:

I've recently gotten my suspension back from MX-Tech. I got the Gen 2 carbon lucky kit and shock revalve with their MXT tank. I have a 2018 KTM 350SXF, i ride moto only. Blown away at how much better that made my bike for me, it does great in the chop, chunk holes, to larger jumps. It was previously done by Kreft with the revalve control, and they get awesome reviews, but i could never get it to work well and make me as comfortable as i wanted. Just too many setting options for me. If you are debating the Mx tech lucky, quit thinking and just do it. You wont be disappointed. You can over jump, under jump, whatever and it soaks it all up.

What speed/ weight are you? I’ve put a payment on a lucky system with my suspension guy but im gonna be waiting till july if i want gen1 gen 2 kits are in stock im An intermediate moto guy around 180lbs trying to decide i cant see gen 2 being a bad choice tho

|

5/28/2020 11:58 PM

I just had the Dal Soggio's installed in my 18 FC350. Getting our this weekend to try them for the first time, will post thoughts next week.

|

5/29/2020 5:46 AM

rideorange777 wrote:

I've recently gotten my suspension back from MX-Tech. I got the Gen 2 carbon lucky kit and shock revalve with their MXT tank. I have a 2018 KTM 350SXF, i ride moto only. Blown away at how much better that made my bike for me, it does great in the chop, chunk holes, to larger jumps. It was previously done by Kreft with the revalve control, and they get awesome reviews, but i could never get it to work well and make me as comfortable as i wanted. Just too many setting options for me. If you are debating the Mx tech lucky, quit thinking and just do it. You wont be disappointed. You can over jump, under jump, whatever and it soaks it all up.

kelsomguirkin982 wrote:

What speed/ weight are you? I’ve put a payment on a lucky system with my suspension guy but im gonna be waiting till july if i want gen1 gen 2 kits are in stock im An intermediate moto guy around 180lbs trying to decide i cant see gen 2 being a bad choice tho

Hey, i'm a 170lb vet int, the lucky is the best suspension mod i've ever had. I discussed it with MX-Tech and considered the original but since i ride moto only we went with the Gen 2. Its really not much of a price difference and it made riding my bike 100% better. Its plush on the small stuff and have more than enough hold up and bottoming resistance. I was so unhappy and uncomfortable with the previous companies set up i was about to have it taken out and set it back stock.

|

5/29/2020 8:31 AM

rideorange777 wrote:

kelsomguirkin982 wrote:

rideorange777 wrote:

Hey, i'm a 170lb vet int, the lucky is the best suspension mod i've ever had. I discussed it with MX-Tech and considered the original but since i ride moto only we went with the Gen 2. Its really not much of a price difference and it made riding my bike 100% better. Its plush on the small stuff and have more than enough hold up and bottoming resistance. I was so unhappy and uncomfortable with the previous companies set up i was about to have it taken out and set it back stock.

I also just had my a Lucky Gen2 system installed. N2D suggested that I go with the Gen2 because of weight/speed (185/+25A) and that I mainly ride mx. I cannot say enough good things about the setup. It makes the bike track a lot better and is more consistent lap to lap.

|

5/29/2020 10:10 AM

kelsomguirkin982 wrote:

rideorange777 wrote:

jpatz319 wrote:

I also just had my a Lucky Gen2 system installed. N2D suggested that I go with the Gen2 because of weight/speed (185/+25A) and that I mainly ride mx. I cannot say enough good things about the setup. It makes the bike track a lot better and is more consistent lap to lap.

Thanks guys! I ordered the Gen 2 im excited to ride with it!

|

5/29/2020 11:38 AM

rideorange777 wrote:

jpatz319 wrote:

kelsomguirkin982 wrote:

Thanks guys! I ordered the Gen 2 im excited to ride with it!

Its heads and shoulders above the AER, you will be happy you did and question yourself on why you didnt do it sooner.

|

5/29/2020 12:04 PM

+1 on the Lucky Gen 2. Super pumped with how it feels, and having the front wheel feel in the turns!

|

5/29/2020 3:01 PM

Is the gen 2 just the carbon one? I’m only seeing that one and the original one the website.

|

5/29/2020 3:17 PM

Brent_KS wrote:

Is the gen 2 just the carbon one? I’m only seeing that one and the original one the website.

Yes thats the Lucky Carbon.

|

6/2/2020 6:08 PM

Figured I’d throw another vote out there for the MXTech Lucky. I’ve had both the Gen 1 and Gen 2. I’m just over 200lbs and mostly race offroad A.

The Gen 1 was really good. With the valving stiff enough to suit me, there was a slight harshness once in a while.

The Gen 2 is really, really good. Almost feels like I can do nothing wrong. Front end traction is unreal. Blast g-outs and the huck valves save you. Never thought I’d say this, but they’re better than the SSS I had prior (and I loved the SSS).

|

6/10/2020 1:27 PM

Just ordered a set of MXTech Lucky Carbons (Gen 2) for my 19 350sxf. Has anyone here had this and kept the stock shock valving? Just wondering if I need the complete package or if the stock shock will suffice. Not opposed to doing it. I just here that the stock shock is already pretty good on these bikes. Just mostly concerned about bike balance.

|

6/10/2020 2:31 PM

poopbutt444 wrote:

Just ordered a set of MXTech Lucky Carbons (Gen 2) for my 19 350sxf. Has anyone here had this and kept the stock shock valving? Just wondering if I need the complete package or if the stock shock will suffice. Not opposed to doing it. I just here that the stock shock is already pretty good on these bikes. Just mostly concerned about bike balance.

Yeah the stock shock is good. I went ahead and sent mine to them anyway, one due to it needing to be serviced, two i figured if i was going to spend that much on the forks i should just go ahead and make sure the shock matches the setup. I wasnt disappointed, it also made a difference. I did the revalve with the MXT tank. Hope this helps.

|

9/17/2020 12:10 AM

Holy Crap!
I just tried out my new Lucky Carbon Cartridges.
I had my 2017 AERs revalved by ESR, and they were a massive improvement. ESR was able to get a really plush feel I was looking for.
But since everyone was switching to spring, I had to give it a try.
Wow, these forks are night and day!
The plushness is similar (luckies are better, but not drastic) but the front end feel is so much better.
I can push so much harder, the bike just got way faster, and more fun to ride!
Definitely worth 1-2 seconds a lap, just because you can push the corners harder.
Not loving' the two pound weight gain (measured) but with the performance gain, I definitely can't go back.
Granted, I had the first gen AER, hearing good things about the 2021s. But I'm a big fan of this lucky conversion.
Here's a pic (Yes, I now they still say AER, lol).
Lovin the DLC from Luxon too!
Photo

Photo

|