AER conversion (mxtech lucky/tech touch/Fc spring conversion)

Hammer 663s
2/16/2022 10:24am
skyrebel88 wrote:
Anyone interested in selling their carbons to me for my 19 250sxf? After reading all these comments going through the same suspension set up issues with...
Anyone interested in selling their carbons to me for my 19 250sxf? After reading all these comments going through the same suspension set up issues with my AER's I want a set of these Lucky cartridge's haha. You guys make these things sound great!
I just ordered a set of carbons from ride JBI on Monday. It will be a couple weeks it sounds like but looking forward to getting...
I just ordered a set of carbons from ride JBI on Monday. It will be a couple weeks it sounds like but looking forward to getting them. He gave me a call prior to ordering as I’m doing the self install and asked how my shock was currently set up. He also offered some suggestions to make the shock match the new front end.

I would have sent him the shock as well but I did not want to miss any ride days at this point we are in full race mode until the end of may. Also went with JBI as they are west coast so save some shipping costs and time in the future.

Wish I had just went with them back in 2018 instead of chasing air setups.
JB just rebuilt my Gen1s/shock (60 hours - like new inside still) and installed his AER Pro Setup on my boy's 125SX, plus set up the shock with The Tank, valved to match the fork. Quick turn time, great communication, quality workmanship. I'll likely continue to use him for service, even tho I have local options.

Hammer 663s
2/16/2022 11:16am
skyrebel88 wrote:
Anyone interested in selling their carbons to me for my 19 250sxf? After reading all these comments going through the same suspension set up issues with...
Anyone interested in selling their carbons to me for my 19 250sxf? After reading all these comments going through the same suspension set up issues with my AER's I want a set of these Lucky cartridge's haha. You guys make these things sound great!
I just ordered a set of carbons from ride JBI on Monday. It will be a couple weeks it sounds like but looking forward to getting...
I just ordered a set of carbons from ride JBI on Monday. It will be a couple weeks it sounds like but looking forward to getting them. He gave me a call prior to ordering as I’m doing the self install and asked how my shock was currently set up. He also offered some suggestions to make the shock match the new front end.

I would have sent him the shock as well but I did not want to miss any ride days at this point we are in full race mode until the end of may. Also went with JBI as they are west coast so save some shipping costs and time in the future.

JB just rebuilt my Gen1s/shock (60 hours - like new inside still) and installed his AER Pro Setup on my boy's 125SX, plus set up the...
JB just rebuilt my Gen1s/shock (60 hours - like new inside still) and installed his AER Pro Setup on my boy's 125SX, plus set up the shock with The Tank, valved to match the fork. Quick turn time, great communication, quality workmanship. I'll likely continue to use him for service, even tho I have local options.

Hammer 663s
I take that back JB just called me and said He couldn’t get ahold of the Carbons, he talked to Jeremy and they are discontinued. He searched around for a few days at other places to try and get his hands on a set but not luck. Regular luckies are still to be produced at some point but MXT is focusing on the blackjack’s at this point.

After talking with him we decided to go KYB conversion. He doesn’t have any experience with blackjacks yet, can’t really get them and prefers to sell stuff he’s had the opportunity to actually test and learn. Either way I was going to have to pull the lugs for install so now I just get to install nice billet lugs instead.

Paying him the difference tomorrow and he’s getting them ordered today. Super great guy appreciate him contacting me and making the recommendation and being super helpful. Excited to get the new setup.

Glad to hear your experience with him has been great and looking forward to working with him some more.
swordfish
2/16/2022 1:28pm
skyrebel88 wrote:

What did he suggest for the shock. I’m running the stocker with standard Luckies. Was going to get ProTune to revalve but I’ve been riding studs all winter.
2/16/2022 1:39pm
skyrebel88 wrote:

swordfish wrote:
What did he suggest for the shock. I’m running the stocker with standard Luckies. Was going to get ProTune to revalve but I’ve been riding studs...
What did he suggest for the shock. I’m running the stocker with standard Luckies. Was going to get ProTune to revalve but I’ve been riding studs all winter.
He mainly asked what my current setup was (Racetech gold valves) and then suggested a spring rate to match and what to look for after the bump in spring rate If I’d need to make some adjustments to the current rebound shim stack and gave me a rough idea. Nothing specific other than the spring rate at this time.

The Shop

mx317
2/17/2022 7:33am
skyrebel88 wrote:
Check with Fastlap suspension in Alabama. He might have some. 205-382-4240

Post a reply to: AER conversion (mxtech lucky/tech touch/Fc spring conversion)

The Latest