AER Fork Chatter

jpatz319
Fantasy
1295th
I recently have gotten a FC350. I like everything about the bike but the forks in the acceleration/braking bumps.
The front end seems all over the place. I have the pressure around 142psi, 15 out on compression and 15 out on rebound. I'm a 185lbs in street clothes with +25A speed. Has anyone gotten the fork to soak up the little stuff without sending it out?

|
BobPA
3/7/2017 5:41pm
I would throw the rebound in a bunch of clicks
CarlinoJoeVideo
Fantasy
2361st
3/7/2017 5:49pm
BobPA wrote:
If you go in on rebound that will make it slower and cause, "packing" in small fast chop.

Are you at the recommended PSI for your weight? If so, try going 2-4 clicks softer on compression and 2-4 clicks faster(out) on rebound. This will let the fork feel softer and the rebound will make it spring back faster to the top of the stroke.

You can also consider going 1 spring rate higher in PSI and try going 6 clicks softer on compression. This might give it the effect of more hold up by the pressure but less firm initially from the compression clicker.

These are just ball park ideas, hard to exactly navigate the problem without riding it.
slipdog
3/7/2017 6:41pm
BobPA wrote:
If you go in on rebound that will make it slower and cause, "packing" in small fast chop. Are you at the recommended PSI for your...
If you go in on rebound that will make it slower and cause, "packing" in small fast chop.

Are you at the recommended PSI for your weight? If so, try going 2-4 clicks softer on compression and 2-4 clicks faster(out) on rebound. This will let the fork feel softer and the rebound will make it spring back faster to the top of the stroke.

You can also consider going 1 spring rate higher in PSI and try going 6 clicks softer on compression. This might give it the effect of more hold up by the pressure but less firm initially from the compression clicker.

These are just ball park ideas, hard to exactly navigate the problem without riding it.
Bob is correct, The AER has way too much rebound bleed and is borderline uncontrollable. My TC wouldn't track a straight line entering rough corners until I was at 4 out from all the way in.
Deetsmx
3/7/2017 7:03pm
I run 149 psi in my TC250 and slowed the rebound way down, they work great. My brother has the ktm 350 and runs 165 psi in his. Hated them for the same reasons you did until he went way up on the psi. Not sure how different the valving is on the ktm.

The Shop

slipdog
3/7/2017 7:11pm
Deets, the main difference is between the 2-strokes(no mid valve compression) and 4-strokes(aggressive mid valve compression). Both have the same rebound set up.
CarlinoJoeVideo
Fantasy
2361st
3/7/2017 9:45pm
BobPA wrote:
If you go in on rebound that will make it slower and cause, "packing" in small fast chop. Are you at the recommended PSI for your...

slipdog wrote:
Bob is correct, The AER has way too much rebound bleed and is borderline uncontrollable. My TC wouldn't track a straight line entering rough corners until...
Bob is correct, The AER has way too much rebound bleed and is borderline uncontrollable. My TC wouldn't track a straight line entering rough corners until I was at 4 out from all the way in.
Wow that's crazy having to be 4 clicks out. I've only ridden the AER for a few laps on a friends bike. So I was just shooting from the hip for a solution...
yzkrazy219
3/8/2017 8:35am
jpatz319 wrote:
I recently have gotten a FC350. I like everything about the bike but the forks in the acceleration/braking bumps. The front end seems all over the...
I recently have gotten a FC350. I like everything about the bike but the forks in the acceleration/braking bumps.
The front end seems all over the place. I have the pressure around 142psi, 15 out on compression and 15 out on rebound. I'm a 185lbs in street clothes with +25A speed. Has anyone gotten the fork to soak up the little stuff without sending it out?

I just picked up a new FC350 as well and was having the same feelings as you. I'm a bit lighter at only 150 pounds but also run 25+A. The settings I found the best for me on the fork was 143psi 14 on compression and 8 on rebound. i thought the fork felt pretty dang good after getting to those settings. I still went ahead and sent the suspension to Chad at total control so he can really get it dialed for Me.
jpatz319
Fantasy
1295th
3/8/2017 10:11am
yzkrazy219 wrote:
I just picked up a new FC350 as well and was having the same feelings as you. I'm a bit lighter at only 150 pounds but...
I just picked up a new FC350 as well and was having the same feelings as you. I'm a bit lighter at only 150 pounds but also run 25+A. The settings I found the best for me on the fork was 143psi 14 on compression and 8 on rebound. i thought the fork felt pretty dang good after getting to those settings. I still went ahead and sent the suspension to Chad at total control so he can really get it dialed for Me.
Let me know how that goes. Im local to Total Control and am interested on how the make the fork preform.
yzkrazy219
3/15/2017 5:37pm
yzkrazy219 wrote:
I just picked up a new FC350 as well and was having the same feelings as you. I'm a bit lighter at only 150 pounds but...
jpatz319 wrote:
Let me know how that goes. Im local to Total Control and am interested on how the make the fork preform.
I got my suspension back from total control on Friday and was able to ride both Saturday and Sunday. I was amazed at how these forks feel now. Front end traction and feel was greatly improved. So far the only adjustment I've had to make was one click stiffer on compression. Everything else felt perfect.
RockyRider
Fantasy
3380th
3/16/2017 2:40pm
I would soften compression and slow the rebound down.

Post a reply to: AER Fork Chatter

The Latest