94-96 clutch in my 98 yz250?

Related:
Create New Tag

10/24/2018 1:56 PM
Edited Date/Time: 10/24/2018 2:13 PM

Putting the bottom half back together on my 98 yz250 and looking through the manual the clutch assembly matches the diagram for a 94-96 and not a 98. My clutch has the long and short pushrod and ball bearing.
Photo

The vin and engine number match the pink slip saying it's a 98. I dont care if a previous owner switched out the clutch, just curious.

Also when putting the pressure plate back on should there be a bit of a gap between the pressure plate and clutch plates? Or should it sit flush? The long pushrod feels like its bottomed out before I put the ball bearing and short pushrod on top of it. I dont remember if there was a gap under the pressure plate last year when I took everything apart.
Photo

Edit: When looking at the parts fische on Ron Ayers it shows the long and short rod but no ball bearing.
When I assemble everything without the ball bearing it feels more flush but I dont know if I should still include the bearing??

|

10/24/2018 2:02 PM

|

10/24/2018 5:32 PM

Pressure plate should sit flush on the clutch plates, no gap...

|

10/24/2018 6:33 PM

Ok that's what I figured. I'll leave the ball bearing out that way everything sits flush.

|