4cs springs fit cone valves?

Related:
Create New Tag

7/5/2017 3:53 PM
Edited Date/Time: 7/5/2017 7:04 PM

Does anyone know if 4cs springs work in the cone valve forks?

I have the correct spring rate for me in my re-worked 4cs forks and the cone valves I bought have a spring in them for a 180lb rider.
Don't get me wrong the CV forks feel absolutely amazing, but I know they could work better if they were properly setup for me and I feel that the spring change will bring the most drastic change smile.

Also, who is the recommended tuner for the cone valves besides powerband racing? They're a little far, and I don't really want the internals changed at all.... other than I want them setup for me. I also prefer to drive my suspension there and back, I like the personal relationship of meeting and dealing with people face to face.

I have factory connection about 2 hours North of me. I'd also want to get my shock matched as it seems to bottom easier now (deff going faster with these CV forks!).

|

7/5/2017 4:21 PM

I'm not an expert with Cone Valves, but the ones I worked on last week had 490mm springs and the 4cs springs are 465-470mm.

|

7/5/2017 7:05 PM

slipdog wrote:

I'm not an expert with Cone Valves, but the ones I worked on last week had 490mm springs and the 4cs springs are 465-470mm.

That is exactly the info I am looking for, thank you!

Will probably take them to Factory Connection once I blow a seal to save a little.

|