4CS Fork Help

Related:
Create New Tag

2/11/2018 6:18 PM

Photo

I purchased a 2016 FC350. I noticed it don’t have stock parts on the forks. I have adjusters at the bottom but have no clue what they do. The forks are very soft and blow through the stroke like no other. I took them apart and I’m realizing I’m missing some components internally. Like the seal around the mid stroke piston and the 4 hole that the bullet slides into on the dampening rod. Trying to get some insight as to what these adjusters on the bottom do. Photo

Photo

Photo

Photo

|

2/11/2018 6:20 PM

Also, does anyone know what spring rate these might be? Has 5 lines on one side an 1 on the other.

|

2/12/2018 7:39 AM

Those adjusters look to be mx tech. I would call them as to the spring rate as well.

|

Livin' the dream, two wheels at a time!

2/12/2018 10:37 AM

I believe the adjusters on the bottom are now your compression and the tops are rebound. Thats how mine are anyways. The 4cs come stock with just lugs on the bottom and you control the rebound with one top adjuster and compression on the other.

|

2/14/2018 8:12 PM

They are in fact the compression. I called precision concepts and they were able to find all the info. I need heavier springs tho....

|

2/14/2018 10:11 PM

How the hell does the bottom of the fork get so fucked up? It looks like the dipshit PO used vise grips on it. How does the bike run?

|

The older I get, the faster I was.

2/21/2018 11:47 AM

I have two sets of Race Tech 5.3 springs for sale for 4CS forks. $60 each set + shipping.

|

3/5/2018 7:32 PM

captmoto wrote:

How the hell does the bottom of the fork get so fucked up? It looks like the dipshit PO used vise grips on it. How does the bike run?

One of them seized in there and wouldn’t budge. The metal it’s self twisted they are fairly “soft” pieces of metal. Ended up having to use a socket a size down, hammered it on and soaked it in PB. I replaced both of the adjusters. Precision suspension work is awesome I’ve taken it out twice. Love the bike.

|

3/5/2018 9:59 PM

whiteside2831 wrote:

One of them seized in there and wouldn’t budge. The metal it’s self twisted they are fairly “soft” pieces of metal. Ended up having to use a socket a size down, hammered it on and soaked it in PB. I replaced both of the adjusters. Precision suspension work is awesome I’ve taken it out twice. Love the bike.

I wonder if it was loctited in there. That is so wrong.

|

The older I get, the faster I was.

3/6/2018 7:53 AM

captmoto wrote:

whiteside2831 wrote:

captmoto wrote:

I wonder if it was loctited in there. That is so wrong.

I have seen it before with aftermarket adjusters. The anodizing almost acts like loctite.

|

Livin' the dream, two wheels at a time!