38mm Airstriker and STIC, KTM-150sx.

Related:
Create New Tag

8/7/2019 10:42 AM

Anyone tried this on a 16-18 KTM 150? I've read a few reviews but it all seems too good to be true if I'm honest.

|

I no longer regret my username.

8/7/2019 11:31 AM

Barrett57 wrote:

Anyone tried this on a 16-18 KTM 150? I've read a few reviews but it all seems too good to be true if I'm honest.

plenty of info: https://thumpertalk.com/forums/topic/1281939-19-sx-150-dyno-time/

|

8/7/2019 12:04 PM

I put one on our 17 TC125 and was blown away. I had a good friend then put one on his YZ125 and he had same result. Best mod I have ever done to a bike. Power like a fourstroke...........and yes, sounds too good to be true but it is.......

|

8/7/2019 12:11 PM

Thanks, some good info in there.

|

8/7/2019 12:14 PM

Well, it looks like I know what my next purchase is 😅

|

8/7/2019 1:53 PM

Mine should be here this week. 2018 150sx

|

8/7/2019 1:55 PM

I got the oem carb for $308 shipped from krmworld

|

8/11/2019 10:06 AM

Well I got a brilliant deal on a genuine 38mm Airstriker on ebay, wheres the best place to buy the STIC from?

|

8/11/2019 10:10 AM

Barrett57 wrote:

Well I got a brilliant deal on a genuine 38mm Airstriker on ebay, wheres the best place to buy the STIC from?

I'll tell you if mine ever arrives lol

|

8/11/2019 10:34 AM

Bruce372 wrote:

Lol where'd you order yours from? They aren't cheap are they

|

8/11/2019 12:20 PM

By all accounts, the 150sx mikuni needle works best with this setup

http://www.hpracedevelopment.com/stic-metering-block.html

|

8/12/2019 1:36 PM

Barrett57 wrote:

Bruce372 wrote:

Barrett57 wrote:

Lol where'd you order yours from? They aren't cheap are they

I ordered my first one from Harper performance and am ordering another one today straight from George only because it's for a 96 CR125 project bike so wanted to discuss the particulars with him.

For all the bad threads on Derek Harper my STIC was shipped quickly and came ready to ride out of the box. I would have no issue ordering another one from him.

Not cheap but worth every penny..........

|

8/13/2019 10:33 PM

Tracktor wrote:

I put one on our 17 TC125 and was blown away. I had a good friend then put one on his YZ125 and he had same result. Best mod I have ever done to a bike. Power like a fourstroke...........and yes, sounds too good to be true but it is.......

Hey tracktor, what jetting did you use. ?

For my 150, 52p n3ej needle middle clip and a 190 main.

Did you file the needle?

|

8/14/2019 11:46 AM

Tracktor wrote:

Bruce372 wrote:

Hey tracktor, what jetting did you use. ?

For my 150, 52p n3ej needle middle clip and a 190 main.

Did you file the needle?

Here is a post from KTMTalk I did recently about my experience so far. No, I haven't filed needle yet. Not sure it could get any better but I do have an extra laying around so might try at some point-

So we have a bit more time on ours now plus I finally pried the boys off of it long enough to ride myself. Holy crap is all I can say! The amount of power the STIC adds is hard to explain to people. I did end up playing with the PV settings to get a bit smoother delivery.

2018 Husky TC125 - Port matched & finished cylinder by myself
FMF Pipe & Silencer
38mm Keihin Long Body (already had it) XC airboot
114 Tube
190 Main
50 Pilot
NE3J Needle - 3rd clip
3.5 out on AS
Stock PV spring 1.75 turns in
Run 50/50 AV gas & non-eth premium always from same station.
HP2 at 40/1

CHECK YOUR FLOAT LEVEL!!! The carb was used and I never checked it. Just correcting that made such a massive difference that my kid called me at work after riding it and wondered WTF I had done to bike. And he loved it before I fixed that issue. Symptoms were a slight bog on g-outs and under load but fixing made a big change in power also.

We blind tested installing it - I had my son ride a 10 minute moto at our home track then installed the STIC and sent him back out. His words "This is a four stroke two stroke now".

My oldest raced this setup in the 125 ALL Stars at Washougal to a 5th place finish with not a lot of practice Zach Rebholz #428). Top amateur in the field. I had originally built it for my younger boy who is coming off 85's/superminis but my oldest loves it so much he has kind of taken it over. Always has liked 125's but at 175lbs been too big to be competetive. Now he is. He rode 450 B on in Amateur days and wasn't getting pulled on the uphill by the 450's.

I have one coming for a 96 CR125 build now so gonna see if we can duplicate the success we have had with the TC125. I almost hope it isn't plug and play so I can experiment a bit more and see why some have issues to better understand how it changes things. I will report back once build is done.........

|

8/14/2019 11:16 PM

I couldn't get it to start, but eventually bumped it and got it running and it warmed up and sounded good.

On the tokyooffroad video, he said if you are over 190 main jet you dont need to file the needle

|

8/17/2019 4:29 AM

So my 38mm carb has arrived, anyone know what the float height should be?

|

8/17/2019 5:16 PM

Barrett57 wrote:

So my 38mm carb has arrived, anyone know what the float height should be?

|

8/17/2019 5:18 PM

First ride tomorrow so long I dont get into the margaritas

|

8/18/2019 9:48 AM

Awesome, let's us know how you got on.

|

8/18/2019 10:34 AM

Runs good, getting better as I make aircrew adjustments.

Got a wierd bog on jump landings, I didn't think to check the floats on a new carb....

|

8/19/2019 1:04 PM

I put the Slavens HV Mule on my '19 150SX and I've never looked back. Runs so crisp and love the way the power builds without trying to rip my hands off the bars. Torque was improved big time. Came set up out of the box and fired up on first kick. Just adjusted idle slightly and haven't touched it since. Even as temperatures climb throughout the day, the carb never flinches. They just released a new version as well. Worth a look and I highly recommend it. Cheers.

https://slavensracing.com/?s=h-series+carb&post_type=product

|

8/19/2019 2:51 PM

Bruce372 wrote:

Got a wierd bog on jump landings, I didn't think to check the floats on a new carb....

Exact same problem we had due to float level too low. Once corrected found even more power as a side bonus......

|

8/19/2019 3:58 PM

Bruce372 wrote:

Tracktor wrote:

Exact same problem we had due to float level too low. Once corrected found even more power as a side bonus......

Let's hope so, it scared the shit out of me and rather than work on a muddy bike I loaded up!

|

8/19/2019 3:58 PM

Let's hope so, it scared the shit out of me and rather than work on a muddy bike I loaded up!

|

8/24/2019 7:30 PM

IanMac138 wrote:

I put the Slavens HV Mule on my '19 150SX and I've never looked back. Runs so crisp and love the way the power builds without trying to rip my hands off the bars. Torque was improved big time. Came set up out of the box and fired up on first kick. Just adjusted idle slightly and haven't touched it since. Even as temperatures climb throughout the day, the carb never flinches. They just released a new version as well. Worth a look and I highly recommend it. Cheers.

That carb isn’t even in the same galaxy as the STIC/Keihin combo.

|

8/27/2019 11:51 AM

IanMac138 wrote:

CSAR FE wrote:

That carb isn’t even in the same galaxy as the STIC/Keihin combo.

That's cool. But I personally love what the Lectron did for my 150sx.

|

8/27/2019 5:20 PM

So picked up another bike last night - Full race 2018 TC125 never fired $4k or so into engine mod. Granted I haven't done any tuning yet. No comparison. Stock bike with STIC is so much faster & better to ride neither boy wanted to ride freshie just hammer laps on stocker. Good thing I have another ready to go on it...........Yes, the mod is fast for a 125 but the STIC is a whole different experience. Completely changes the power curve......

|

8/31/2019 12:40 AM

What are people running jetting wise on the 38mm? Just as a rough starting point.

|

8/31/2019 4:32 AM

Barrett57 wrote:

What are people running jetting wise on the 38mm? Just as a rough starting point.

With or without the STIC ?

|

8/31/2019 8:03 AM

digger wrote:

With or without the STIC ?

Without at the moment, I'm at sea level as well btw

|