2016 250sxf battery replacement

Related:
Create New Tag

9/12/2019 4:32 PM

Any recommendations on a battery for this bike? It doesn’t hold a charge right now and even when it is charged, it sounds like it struggles to turn it over.

|

9/12/2019 4:37 PM
Edited Date/Time: 9/12/2019 4:38 PM

Look at the LI battery's on the market for your bike. There are several very good ones. WPS, Shori and Firepower plus others.

Paw Paw

|

9/12/2019 4:58 PM

Paw Paw 271 wrote:

Look at the LI battery's on the market for your bike. There are several very good ones. WPS, Shori and Firepower plus others.

Paw Paw

thanks! I know I've seen people talk about using a battery with more aH or CCA's. I just didn't know if anyone had done that to theirs. That is one area I really don't understand, electrical stuff. I usually mutter through with YouTube

|

9/12/2019 7:42 PM

It is not just CCA's. It also has to do with the batteries construction. You have a lead acid battery and the ones I have suggested are not made like those. Your current battery can have a plate inside come loose due to vibrations and the hit of jump landings and die easy. Most OEM batteries are low dollar units as well. The batteries I have suggested will last a lot longer than the oem or even after market led acid batteries. It will be money well spent. They will be as much as 3 lbs lighter also.

Paw Paw

|

9/12/2019 9:25 PM

Firepower battery from RockyMountain AtVMC is really good bang for your buck.

|

9/13/2019 6:11 AM

I went with the Firepower from RMATVMC

Info was much appreciated, especially the info from Paw. I never thought about the abuse part and the battery coming apart inside.

|

9/16/2019 10:41 PM

My 15.5 250 Factory Edition always struggled to start with the stock battery. With the WPS it cranks right up.

|