20mm clamps on 18 Yz450?

Related:
Create New Tag

9/5/2018 5:49 PM

Anyone try running 20mm triple clamps on their 18/19 YZ450? I have a set sitting here I have been debating to try on my bike and was curious if anyone has already done it and how they liked it.

|

9/7/2018 3:21 PM

Like for 7/8” bars?

|

2/17/2019 11:02 AM

I tried it, with a modified linkage though, and it was way to unstable and twitchy for me on a highspeed track. Im going back to 22mm after trying this, on tight small tracks it works wonders imo, you get rid of that "yamaha" feel where you have to wrestle it to sit in a rut wich is better for 18 but still lingers a little bit still imo. But anything other then that, 22 works better for me atleast!

|

2/17/2019 8:23 PM

556Gabrielsson wrote:

I tried it, with a modified linkage though, and it was way to unstable and twitchy for me on a highspeed track. Im going back to 22mm after trying this, on tight small tracks it works wonders imo, you get rid of that "yamaha" feel where you have to wrestle it to sit in a rut wich is better for 18 but still lingers a little bit still imo. But anything other then that, 22 works better for me atleast!

I got rid of the clamps and got a set of 22’s. After the thought I didn’t even want to try it. I’m glad I didn’t after reading your review on them, especially since I have a aftermarket link as well

|