2023 KTM 85 air fork stuck down… also weird on down stroke

Our new 85sx small wheel was riding 100mm low on front fork. We noticed it after about 3 hours from new… I rang the shop and they said to pull it back up while holding the front wheel down…
We did this and it seemed to have worked but kinda in nerves to do this to a new bike?? and wondering if there is more to the issue.
Any thoughts or experiences .

Also on the down stroke about 65mm down it feels bubbly or uneven and not at all smooth for about 60mm of travel …. Not gritty but best way to describe it was if it was oil going through a valve with air bubbles….. I would have thought it should be a smooth down stroke??? Any ideas welcome pls
|
FGR01
Fantasy
1327th
9/30/2022 7:08pm
Take it back and make them disassemble and fix it. The air cartridge is wonky in the left leg. It likely burped some air past the seals into the outer chamber and when you pulled up you sucked some oil into the air cartridge.
btroxler
10/3/2022 11:02am
Known issue on the Austrian outfitted WP bikes. I don't believe the OEM will do anything about it until it has at least 10 hrs on them. The dealers have to do the same if the bikes sit on the floor.
lofo481
12/26/2023 8:36pm
Our new 85sx small wheel was riding 100mm low on front fork. We noticed it after about 3 hours from new… I rang the shop and...
Our new 85sx small wheel was riding 100mm low on front fork. We noticed it after about 3 hours from new… I rang the shop and they said to pull it back up while holding the front wheel down…
We did this and it seemed to have worked but kinda in nerves to do this to a new bike?? and wondering if there is more to the issue.
Any thoughts or experiences .

Also on the down stroke about 65mm down it feels bubbly or uneven and not at all smooth for about 60mm of travel …. Not gritty but best way to describe it was if it was oil going through a valve with air bubbles….. I would have thought it should be a smooth down stroke??? Any ideas welcome pls

Did the bike remain working. I just got my daughter a 24 ktm 85 sxf and the forks were like 50 percent down when I got home. I pulled them up and the air pressure was correct but also kinda tripping out about this 

Bruce372
12/26/2023 10:01pm

Sometimes it's the grease blocking the bypass vent and it self fixes by adding and letting out air.

Sometimes it's the chamber seal bleeding air into the outer chamber

Sometimes it's the main air piston seal compromised

Post a reply to: 2023 KTM 85 air fork stuck down… also weird on down stroke

The Latest