2022 crf450r problems with clutch

moto593
5/15/2022 12:37pm
Hey everyone, I recently put a steel braided clutch cable on my bike, as well as disconnecting my slave cylinder when attaching a carbon fiber guard. I also sandblasted and cerakoted my master cylinder. Somewhere in the process of all of this, I screwed something up and can't seem to figure it out.. my clutch will not fully disengage. The line is bleed and the clutch lever feels normal. But it feels like my pushrod is too short. Seems like there is only one way to connect the slave cylinder. I don't see any missing parts from the exploded view. Any ideas??
|
FGR01
Fantasy
1334th
5/15/2022 3:34pm
Most likely cause is not being fully bled. How did you bleed it? It only takes a little air in the slave to cause this. Did you bench bleed the slave completely before hooking the line back up and re-installing it?

Even with bench bleeding the slave, a vacuum bleeder is a godsend for getting the last little bit after you attach the line and hook everything back up. Trying to do a manual pump-crack-close bleed does not work as well on a clutch as it does on brakes.
motoracer58
Fantasy
318th
5/17/2022 4:53am
use a syringe and force fluid up from the bleed screw on the slave cylinder up to the master.
Yeti831
5/17/2022 8:01pm
You have an air pocket.

A syringe would be best, but all I did on mine was quickly work the clutch lever back and forth, air bubbles came up just fine.

Is it notchy feeling, or is it really light like it’s not compressing the clutch?
moto593
5/18/2022 4:18am
Yeti831 wrote:
You have an air pocket. A syringe would be best, but all I did on mine was quickly work the clutch lever back and forth, air...
You have an air pocket.

A syringe would be best, but all I did on mine was quickly work the clutch lever back and forth, air bubbles came up just fine.

Is it notchy feeling, or is it really light like it’s not compressing the clutch?
The clutch lever feels stiff normal. I popped the clutch cover off and you can see the clutch disengaging, just not quite enough. I put steel lines on both brakes too and bleed them in minutes but this clutch is giving me a real challenge. I tried vacuum bleeding it and I got a non stop stream of bubbles so I think something is leaking. I ordered a new slave cylinder and bleed screw. We'll see, they'll be here tomorrow.

Post a reply to: 2022 crf450r problems with clutch

The Latest