2021 KTM AER forks

Related:
Create New Tag

7/16/2020 7:23 AM

Hi all,
Ordered my son a 2021 KTM SX-F. And it'll be delivered soon. Let me plug AEO Powersports in Murrieta, we've done business with them for years and orchard several bikes from them. Great people to work with. And I live in TN, so it says a lot. But not really my purpose.
Never had air forks. They're being revalved for my son, but what do I need to know for the day to day? I've heard you need to adjust pressure as the day goes on, after each moto,, e.t.c. He races arenacross and MX. Any tips, tricks, advice? Edumacate me please! Much appreciated. Thanks!

|

Indecision is a choice

7/16/2020 8:05 AM
Edited Date/Time: 7/16/2020 8:06 AM

Not much honestly. I get to the track and last thing I do before riding is bleed the fork caps (like any fork) and then I set my air pressure. If it gets cooler or much hotter throughout the day then check the air pressure between motos if you really want to. It can climb 2-3 PSI in CA here when it warms up compared to morning.

|

7/16/2020 1:29 PM

21 forks are amazing. im 170lbs and run 147psi in them as the in the garage ambient temp of 75-80*.

Get to track after first session and letting them sit in the sun bleed the excess air out once for the day and done. very stable and consistent. Actual temp is probably around 152ish once they are after that first session and in the sun.

|

7/18/2020 10:24 AM

i have to check every moto and also every time i ride because when bike stay in the van under the sun it ramp

|

8/3/2020 1:40 PM

Like Seth505 said, get to the track, let the bike sit out while you're getting ready then check the air pressure, set it, bleed the air screws on both sides and go rip. If I ride for 20-30 minutes hard I always come back in and bleed the air screws and air does bleed out. Takes a harshness out of them if the air builds up after putting them to hard use during a moto. But I rarely need to check the air pressure throughout the day.

|

8/4/2020 5:23 AM

pizza4breakfast wrote:

21 forks are amazing. im 170lbs and run 147psi in them as the in the garage ambient temp of 75-80*.

Get to track after first session and letting them sit in the sun bleed the excess air out once for the day and done. very stable and consistent. Actual temp is probably around 152ish once they are after that first session and in the sun.

Have you ridden the 2020 forks? What changed in the feel for 2021? I know they made changes to the midvalve and air piston.

|

8/4/2020 9:56 AM
Edited Date/Time: 8/4/2020 9:56 AM

Hearing/reading very good stuff about the 21 AERs. A few guys that test them back to back are seriously impressed at how the fork has been improved. Shootout time is usually where they get bashed … we'll see shortly.

|

KTM250SX YZ125 YZ85 PW80 ZX6 FZX700

9/2/2020 8:52 AM

Start with a higher air pressure and work your way down. Make sure to get air pressure dialed in first, then tune compression for comfort.

It's cool to see the progress that WP has been making. We have been modding the mid-valve since day 1 to work like it is now. So glad they junked the plastic piston and are giving people real parts for the type of money that is spent on these bikes.

|