2021 FC250 Bogging & Making a BAD Engine Noise

braaap_man
Hey guys, relatively new to the Euro bikes and this is my first one ever coming from Jap bikes...bought it with around 24 hours of use, worked amazing a day at the track after I bought it with the fluids it came with and I started it up today and the FI light is flashing nonstop, won’t go past 1/4 throttle, and the engine sounds a loose and worn out chain. I have no idea what could’ve cause it, I’m not a crazy track rider and didn’t do anything crazy. If anyone’s pretty good with Husqvarna’s any leads would be appreciated, TIA!
|
pkiczuk
5/3/2021 7:34am
Have you changed the fluids since you bought it? Imo, that would be the first thing I did before going out and riding it at all. Previous owner could have thrown whatever they wanted in there to make it last long enough to sell but cause issues now
braaap_man
5/3/2021 7:46am
pkiczuk wrote:
Have you changed the fluids since you bought it? Imo, that would be the first thing I did before going out and riding it at all...
Have you changed the fluids since you bought it? Imo, that would be the first thing I did before going out and riding it at all. Previous owner could have thrown whatever they wanted in there to make it last long enough to sell but cause issues now
The dude had just gotten it serviced at a dealer and even gave me the recept/invoice to prove it...I checked everything and sure enough the oil's clear, gas is VP T4 (could tell by the smell), and everything was lubed up. Kinda weird it rode well for a day and just pooped out the next.
5/3/2021 8:15am
Should probably see what code that light flashing indicates. I guess that'd be the first thing I'd look into.
braaap_man
5/3/2021 8:17am
Should probably see what code that light flashing indicates. I guess that'd be the first thing I'd look into.
Literally just finshed reading when you posted your comment, the abbreviation reads THREF but I have no clue what that means...looking through the manual rn.

The Shop

5/4/2021 9:16am
Water temp sensor on the left side of the head.

Maybe also check your coil (may static test it with an ohm meter) and the wiring going to the coil, make sure connections are good and nothing is wrapped around the coil itself.
braaap_man
5/4/2021 9:22am
Water temp sensor on the left side of the head. Maybe also check your coil (may static test it with an ohm meter) and the wiring...
Water temp sensor on the left side of the head.

Maybe also check your coil (may static test it with an ohm meter) and the wiring going to the coil, make sure connections are good and nothing is wrapped around the coil itself.
Gotcha, I’ll check that when I’m back home, sucks the manual doesn’t have any certain measurements to guide to.
FarleyMX25
5/6/2021 10:44am
I know all actual ktm service manuals that the service departments use are on cd. I would assume husq is the same way. The book that comes with the bike gives some info but not all.
dbx33
5/6/2021 1:53pm
***almost guaranteed you have an oil pump/chain tensioner problem
your welcome
braaap_man
5/6/2021 2:00pm
dbx33 wrote:
***almost guaranteed you have an oil pump/chain tensioner problem
your welcome
never would’ve thought of the oil pump, thanks man
FGR01
Fantasy
1222nd
5/6/2021 3:28pm
Yeah, that sounds like cam chain noise, but hard to say. The stupid hydraulic chain tensioner is a known issue. I'm guessing one potential scenario is your cam chain jumped time due to the known chain slack issue with these tensioners.

Here's a previous thread on it which also has a link to another previous thread.

https://www.vitalmx.com/forums/Tech-Help-Race-Shop,42/2021-FC-350-timin…

braaap_man
5/6/2021 3:34pm
FGR01 wrote:
Yeah, that sounds like cam chain noise, but hard to say. The stupid hydraulic chain tensioner is a known issue. I'm guessing one potential scenario is...
Yeah, that sounds like cam chain noise, but hard to say. The stupid hydraulic chain tensioner is a known issue. I'm guessing one potential scenario is your cam chain jumped time due to the known chain slack issue with these tensioners.

Here's a previous thread on it which also has a link to another previous thread.

really? wow...I’m honestly surprised it’s a chain this early in the hour spectrum, I’ll give it a read 🙌🏽 thanks man
YZed250
5/7/2021 1:51pm
FGR01 wrote:
Yeah, that sounds like cam chain noise, but hard to say. The stupid hydraulic chain tensioner is a known issue. I'm guessing one potential scenario is...

braaap_man wrote:
really? wow...I’m honestly surprised it’s a chain this early in the hour spectrum, I’ll give it a read 🙌🏽 thanks man
Some of these bike have oil pump gear problems early on in their lives. This is a 2021 so it should have the current/good part numbers compared to the 2018 and older bikes.
Oil pump fills the cam chain tensioner with pressure to hold tension on the cam chain.
braaap_man
5/7/2021 6:43pm
FGR01 wrote:

braaap_man wrote:
YZed250 wrote:
Some of these bike have oil pump gear problems early on in their lives. This is a 2021 so it should have the current/good part numbers...
Some of these bike have oil pump gear problems early on in their lives. This is a 2021 so it should have the current/good part numbers compared to the 2018 and older bikes.
Oil pump fills the cam chain tensioner with pressure to hold tension on the cam chain.
aside from running an OEM would this matter if I was running a Dirt Tricks tensioner at all? I’m surprised a gear would go bad so quick...

Post a reply to: 2021 FC250 Bogging & Making a BAD Engine Noise

The Latest