2020 Kx250 suspension set-up

ty151
Hey everyone, new to the forum here but I’ve browsed them for a while now.

Anyways, just bought a 2020 Kx250 in December and I’m trying to decide if I need to get my suspension set up for my weight and skill level. I’m 6’00, 195-200 pounds. Skill level would be beginner and I do mostly track riding in so cal. Hoping to do some recreational races soon.

I’ve been riding two stroke 250’s for the last ten years or so and this is my first 4 stroke MX bike. I’ve had several 450 supermotos over the years.

My question is, do I send the forks and shock off somewhere to have them re-valved for my weight (being that I’m heavier than the target 250 rider) and skill level or do I have a local shop try to dial it in for me? I’m in Ventura county, so none of the bigger, we’ll known Southern California shops are close by.

Thanks for any advice!
|
mxb2
1/15/2020 12:07pm
ty151 wrote:
Hey everyone, new to the forum here but I’ve browsed them for a while now. Anyways, just bought a 2020 Kx250 in December and I’m trying...

Anyways, just bought a 2020 Kx250 in December and I’m trying to decide if I need to get my suspension set up for my weight and skill level. I’m 6’00, 195-200 pounds. Skill level would be beginner and I do mostly track riding in so cal. Hoping to do some recreational races soon.

I’ve been riding two stroke 250’s for the last ten years or so and this is my first 4 stroke MX bike. I’ve had several 450 supermotos over the years.

My question is, do I send the forks and shock off somewhere to have them re-valved for my weight (being that I’m heavier than the target 250 rider) and skill level or do I have a local shop try to dial it in for me? I’m in Ventura county, so none of the bigger, we’ll known Southern California shops are close by.

Thanks for any advice!
Start with springs for your weight. Then maybe when it needs service, get the revalve if needed. Factory connection is awesome with 3-4 day turnarond time.
m21racing
1/15/2020 1:39pm
ty151 wrote:
Hey everyone, new to the forum here but I’ve browsed them for a while now. Anyways, just bought a 2020 Kx250 in December and I’m trying...

Thanks for any advice!
Graeme Brough in long beach. Search the forum, and get his number. He first choice in socal I can think of.
Jdawg388
9/16/2020 2:21am
Curious on what changes you made i just got the same bike and in the same situation been out a couple rides does not feel bad but knowing it could be better is Intriguing.
LKHill
9/16/2020 12:49pm
mxb2 wrote:
Start with springs for your weight. Then maybe when it needs service, get the revalve if needed. Factory connection is awesome with 3-4 day turnarond time.
Spring should be good for his weight/skill. Try turning some clickers.

The Shop

SwapperMX
9/17/2020 5:14am
Jdawg388 wrote:
Curious on what changes you made i just got the same bike and in the same situation been out a couple rides does not feel bad...
Curious on what changes you made i just got the same bike and in the same situation been out a couple rides does not feel bad but knowing it could be better is Intriguing.
What don't you like about it?? Stock stuff is so good these days in my opinion. Set your sag and then wait until it's doing stuff you know it shouldn't be and then start reading up on what adjustments to try, and make some changes from there. Note down where your clickers are at stock and then don't be afraid to make changes as it's very easy to go back to your standard setting. I rode my new bike a few weeks ago and was getting headshake under brakes so so went stiffer on compression and 1 click faster on rebound. Huge improvement from just a couple of clicks. Sending your forks and shock off without a proper understanding of what you want, or more importantly, need, is a complete waste of money.
spimx
9/17/2020 3:44pm
Maybe letting a vet rider ride your bike and set it up will help. I don't know about California but in Texas all you have to do is ask and most vet riders would love to help.

Sending your suspension to enzo/factory connection or any reputable shop for re-valve and correct springs and set up is maybe the most effective mod you can do to your bike
SwapperMX
9/17/2020 7:51pm
spimx wrote:
Maybe letting a vet rider ride your bike and set it up will help. I don't know about California but in Texas all you have to...
Maybe letting a vet rider ride your bike and set it up will help. I don't know about California but in Texas all you have to do is ask and most vet riders would love to help.

Sending your suspension to enzo/factory connection or any reputable shop for re-valve and correct springs and set up is maybe the most effective mod you can do to your bike
Send it to get re-valved and ask for what?? When you haven't even touched a clicker. Complete waste of money. But it's suckers like you that keep all these suspension shops in business.

Post a reply to: 2020 Kx250 suspension set-up

The Latest