2020.5 Factory Edition muffler Baffles got me BAFFLED!

Related:
Create New Tag

5/27/2020 3:08 PM
Edited Date/Time: 5/28/2020 7:37 AM

Regarding the oem titanium akrapovic.... I pulled out the rearmost baffle, the one that's obvious with the Allen key bolt holding it in and she slid right out....

But there’s ANOTHER one w a spark arrestor in there deeper! How the heck do you get this one out? The muffler is welded to a long connector so cant access from the header side it appears. this also means you cant repack it yourself without cutting open he endocarp/drilling the rivets (which I think are titanium)

Thanks for help.

|

5/30/2020 7:38 AM

nobody?

|

5/30/2020 8:54 AM

Contact Kris Keefer, i think he has said that you shouldn't remove those because the muffler is designed to have them in place.

|

5/30/2020 2:53 PM

Motofinne wrote:

Contact Kris Keefer, i think he has said that you shouldn't remove those because the muffler is designed to have them in place.

so your saying the muffler is a piece of shit then and needs upgraded to any other brand then.

|

6/9/2020 7:22 PM

Motofinne wrote:

pizza4breakfast wrote:

so your saying the muffler is a piece of shit then and needs upgraded to any other brand then.

Yeah sell it to me lol

|

6/10/2020 7:39 AM

If history had taught us anything, it will be for sale soon anyway. whistling

|

6/10/2020 8:11 AM
Edited Date/Time: 6/10/2020 8:11 AM

MX915 wrote:

If history had taught us anything, it will be for sale soon anyway. whistling

Just buy an FMF and be done with it

|

6/10/2020 8:53 AM

So you need more power than what you've got?

|

6/10/2020 10:13 AM

Motofinne wrote:

Agreed, these brands spend hours and hours on the dyno to make the best power and delivery for each bike. A lot of time the baffles and screen will help that if they have added or if it doesn't exist it's for a reason.

|

6/10/2020 10:34 AM

CarlinoJoeVideo wrote:

Agreed, these brands spend hours and hours on the dyno to make the best power and delivery for each bike. A lot of time the baffles and screen will help that if they have added or if it doesn't exist it's for a reason.

Agree 100%! I have a 2019 Husky Rockstar 450 that came with an FMF muffler. I came across a stock 19 muffler and headpipe for $100 I thought would be good for a spare (the headpipe was worth more than that). I removed the cone baffle from the stock 19 muffler by taking it apart and grinding the spotwelds to do it neat and repacked it. That sucker then hit way too hard for me compared to the stock FC450 muffler or the Rockstar FMF muffler in addition to making it louder. It ran much better (or maybe I should say more rideable) with the stock baffle in place.

|

Take it to the limit, one more time!

6/10/2020 11:56 AM

Removing that will cause less back pressure which will have a negative effect on your throttle response and low end grunt. I would't remove it.

|

Not much to say to Vitards.