2019 kx 450 will not start.

mb60
Ok guys suggestions please. Bought a 2019 kx 450 used and pulled the motor out to inspect the cases. Did not tear into engine and cleaned up motor and put it back in frame. Replaced battery and had starter checked out to make sure it was good. Got it all back together it will try to start for a second and die. Has spark but either not getting enough fuel or bad sensor maybe ? Also it drained new battery by turning it over maybe 20 times. Any suggestions before I take it to shop to be checked on the laptop.
|
8/27/2020 8:26pm
mb60 wrote:
Ok guys suggestions please. Bought a 2019 kx 450 used and pulled the motor out to inspect the cases. Did not tear into engine and cleaned...
Ok guys suggestions please. Bought a 2019 kx 450 used and pulled the motor out to inspect the cases. Did not tear into engine and cleaned up motor and put it back in frame. Replaced battery and had starter checked out to make sure it was good. Got it all back together it will try to start for a second and die. Has spark but either not getting enough fuel or bad sensor maybe ? Also it drained new battery by turning it over maybe 20 times. Any suggestions before I take it to shop to be checked on the laptop.
I had a friend that had his stator go out on his. He thought the piston was done so changed the top end and still no good, took it in and they found the stator was bad, replaced that and good to go. That would also explain the battery as the stator acts like an alternator in a car and if it’s not working properly will just drain your battery.
RGaede
8/27/2020 9:15pm
You said it'll run for a second then die? Check and see if the tip over sensor is right side up.
kb228
8/28/2020 7:12am
It needs these things to start and run.
Compression - 60psi+
Spark - have
Pass leakdown test
Fuel - if its got fuel it should pop every once in a while
Clean filter
Fresh gas

& check tip over sensor and all connectors including kill switch.
theDogger
8/28/2020 8:38am Edited Date/Time 8/28/2020 9:05am
RGaede wrote:
You said it'll run for a second then die? Check and see if the tip over sensor is right side up.
Had this exact issue on a used 2014 I bought....I framed the bike cleaned everything

Being my first EFI I was not aware of how this sensor acted..took me a week to finally figure it out

Would start and if I kept the RPM's above say 3500 it would run and I could ride it as soon as I let it drop it would die..

turned out I had the Tip Over sensor installed upside down!!!!

Here is the video I posted on YT showing how it reacted with the sensor upside down

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1YfTUqwdJds

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ooaza1x_vjg

The Shop

Factor E
8/28/2020 10:04am
Sounds like could be ECU
disconnect and reconnect
Paw Paw
8/28/2020 6:09pm
Sounds like fuel starvation to me. Check fuel pump filter and test pump. I have also seen a bad pet cock valve do the same thing.

Paw Paw

Post a reply to: 2019 kx 450 will not start.

The Latest