2019 crf450r clutch pull

dcorbett62
3/30/2020 5:26am
Not sure if there’s an existing thread on this topic, but wondering if anyone has any luck getting the clutch pull a little easier. I already have the WC perch on it and it still seems to be really tough to pull in. Not sure if my best bet is to get a clutch or try a clutch cable. Looking for some tips, thanks!
|
motokawi818
3/30/2020 7:35am
I just picked up a 19, with this covid I haven't been able to ride it, but on my 17 I tried everything except clutch springs to make the pull easier. I ended up turning the idle up, going up a tooth, adding a yosh and just tried to rarely use the clutch. Secondary question, how'd you get your wc perch on the 19? With the clutch sensor to start the bike and everything?
Jardo
Fantasy
2028th
3/30/2020 7:38am
I just picked up a 19, with this covid I haven't been able to ride it, but on my 17 I tried everything except clutch springs...
I just picked up a 19, with this covid I haven't been able to ride it, but on my 17 I tried everything except clutch springs to make the pull easier. I ended up turning the idle up, going up a tooth, adding a yosh and just tried to rarely use the clutch. Secondary question, how'd you get your wc perch on the 19? With the clutch sensor to start the bike and everything?
One option is to jump the wires under the shroud. No cutting required. Downfall is the clutch will no longer be required to start it.
motokawi818
3/30/2020 8:56am
I just picked up a 19, with this covid I haven't been able to ride it, but on my 17 I tried everything except clutch springs...
Jardo wrote:
One option is to jump the wires under the shroud. No cutting required. Downfall is the clutch will no longer be required to start it.
Thanks! That sounds like all positives to me. I'll look into it.

The Shop

3/30/2020 1:56pm
I have a 2017 and the clutch pull is definitely rough but the way I found to make it better is always keeping your clutch cable lubed and replace them often. I usually do about 3 a year. Other than that I have a hinson clutch cable mounting bracket thing on my engine that’s supposed to help...I didn’t notice anything different though.
3/30/2020 8:45pm
I had a 17 crf 450 and now a 2020 CRF works edition. I put in a rekluse torque drive clutch kit ( the basic one, plates, fibers & springs) and I done the hydraulic clutch. It’s expensive but it’s tremendously easier, almost like a 125. However, the clutch works good but lacks feel in a weird way. But I just adjusted to the feel and enjoy the light lever pull.
harescrambled
Fantasy
1864th
3/31/2020 11:12am
ASV lever and perch...keep the cable lubed, replace when necessary. Have a Rekluse Torqdrive in it but haven't ridden with it yet.
3/31/2020 5:31pm
Just buy the Magura. Had one on my 17 and loved it. Struggled with the clutch pull until I finally pulled the trigger.

Post a reply to: 2019 crf450r clutch pull

The Latest