2019 KX450 Front Brake

Related:
Create New Tag

3/27/2020 8:51 PM

I installed a new CoreMoto stainless-steel brake line on my 2019 KX450. The bike has 14hrs on it. Before the install, the wheel spun freely. After install, it has a ton of drag. Almost no "free spin". I checked to make sure I don't have too much fluid, It's right at the line. I checked the clamp on the fork guard, it was tight, so I backed it off. No luck there. Any ideas? I'm not sure what else to look for.

Thanks!

|

3/27/2020 9:09 PM

push pistons all the way into calipers with the res cap off, then preceded to tap line/caliper and bleed it.

|

3/28/2020 4:13 AM

I've been running core lines on mine haven't had any problems with the front. The rear is what most people had trouble with including me. I have both working good now.

|

3/28/2020 10:37 AM

GCBC wrote:

push pistons all the way into calipers with the res cap off, then preceded to tap line/caliper and bleed it.

That worked! Thanks for the tip!!

|

3/28/2020 10:37 AM

DB97 wrote:

I've been running core lines on mine haven't had any problems with the front. The rear is what most people had trouble with including me. I have both working good now.

I got it to work. What problems were people having with the rear?

|

3/28/2020 10:40 AM

DB97 wrote:

hititpind wrote:

I got it to work. What problems were people having with the rear?

Same thing dragging. I removed the heat guards from the rear pads they pressed unevenly.

|