2019 KX450 Best Aftermarket Suspension Company?

Twonine
Just curious if anyone out there with the 2019 KX450 has sent their suspension out to be sprung or valved? I usually go Factory Connection but I know that this bike is pretty new and not everyone has good settings for it yet.

I know that the stock setup is great but i'm a 220lb intermediate rider so stock is way too soft for me.

thanks
|
pCp 252
Fantasy
2541st
3/14/2019 7:09pm
For what it’s worth, I would do this. Buy the proper springs now & put them in yourself, change fluid (I’ve heard they come with little oil or “break-in” fluid anyways) & then ride. You’ll have to buy the springs eventually anyways. Once you’ve ridden enough with the right springs and the chassis properly balanced, note what you’d like the suspension to improve on Pass that info along to the suspension tuner. I would also do it with a company in your region, so they have good experience at the tracks you are riding or racing.

You may be impressed what the stock tune and the right springs will do. Although, a big jump and spring rate can often necessitate a revalve.
Jbulz
Fantasy
4086th
3/14/2019 8:40pm
I'm a 220 B rider too and have used Factory Connection and Enzo for my past bikes.

This this stock 19 with .52 fork spring and 5.9 shock spring is the best suspension I've ever ridden.

Kawi definitely under sprung the bike, but they knocked the valving out of the park in my opinion.
Wade221
3/23/2019 12:00pm
Just had FC do the Forks (felt shock was solid stock, so just had a rebuild on that). In the PNW, so tracks break down super quick and develop lots of square edges, so plushness was the key, but also wanted anti-bottom. Vet B, 185. Went to .52 rate. Lighter ICS springs, oil lock collars, and updated the valving stack. With these updates I’m able to really open up the clickers. Even though the rear wasn’t modified, I went up to 5.7, and I’m able to get 104 R sag, 34 S sag, with 3mm preload.

Long story, short: very balanced chassis that does what I want; absorbes square edges, doesnt transmit shocks to arms/hands, planted front end, and most importantly.. plush, but can easily flatland a huge hit and absorb it with ease

The Shop

kb228
3/23/2019 8:08pm
Im sure pro circuit has a lot of suspension testing on it being that theyre a kawasaki focused shop.
9/18/2019 5:55pm
Anyone else have factory connection do their suspension?

Im just curious as to what improved with the performance.
9/19/2019 3:32am
Two words!! Graeme Brough Very reasonable pricing, totally honest about what needs done, literally the most knowledgeable guy in the suspension game available to the average Joe!! He has always been perfect on set up and spring rates. Has done probably 10/12 sets for myself and customers.
Falcon
Fantasy
856th
9/19/2019 11:08am
KYB? Enzo. Cool

I'd do what pCp suggests first, though.
Jbulz
Fantasy
4086th
9/22/2019 12:18pm
Two words!! Graeme Brough Very reasonable pricing, totally honest about what needs done, literally the most knowledgeable guy in the suspension game available to the average...
Two words!! Graeme Brough Very reasonable pricing, totally honest about what needs done, literally the most knowledgeable guy in the suspension game available to the average Joe!! He has always been perfect on set up and spring rates. Has done probably 10/12 sets for myself and customers.
I ended up having Graeme do my 19 and am very happy with it as well
navalseabee
9/23/2019 4:29pm
Two words!! Graeme Brough Very reasonable pricing, totally honest about what needs done, literally the most knowledgeable guy in the suspension game available to the average...
Jbulz wrote:
Where do you get ahold of this guy?
dmm698
9/23/2019 5:56pm Edited Date/Time 9/23/2019 5:57pm
Jbulz wrote:
Where do you get ahold of this guy?
Graemebrough@hotmail.com

he is responsive to email for sure. His number is on vital if you search for it. Graeme has forgotten more than the usual tuners know. Top notch guy. He helped me setup my yz250 with showa works stuff and the settings are great. If I hadn’t already had my 19 kx450 done I would of used him for that too.
navalseabee
9/24/2019 6:58am Edited Date/Time 9/24/2019 6:58am
dmm698 wrote:
Graemebrough@hotmail.com he is responsive to email for sure. His number is on vital if you search for it. Graeme has forgotten more than the usual tuners...
Graemebrough@hotmail.com

he is responsive to email for sure. His number is on vital if you search for it. Graeme has forgotten more than the usual tuners know. Top notch guy. He helped me setup my yz250 with showa works stuff and the settings are great. If I hadn’t already had my 19 kx450 done I would of used him for that too.
Thanks man. I did the 5.2 spring in one side and 350cc oil but I still feel like the fork bottoms more than it should, I also get a little head shake in the faster sections. Overall pretty happy but still needs just a little work, but I'm not trying to spend $1000 with FC or PC again if I dont have to.

Post a reply to: 2019 KX450 Best Aftermarket Suspension Company?

The Latest