2019 KTM 350SXF Shift Shaft leaking

Related:
Create New Tag

10/2/2018 8:11 PM

Hey guys
So I have a 19 350sxf with 8 hours on it and I already have a shift shaft seal leaking.. Wondering if anyone else has the same issue?
Also I recently purchased some ARC levers off of a fellow Vital member. I installed the clutch lever and went riding both days this past weekend. I noticed that it is now harder to get into neutral as well as shifting from second to third. Its like the clutch has to be pulled into the bar to actually get it to engage. I have adjusted the actual lever position about as far out as it can go and it helped but still feels like its slipping. Triple checked the numbers on the lever and it is the correct one. Just trying to pick some of your brains.

Thanks!
Billy

|

10/2/2018 8:20 PM

Im not sure about your clutch.. somethings not adjusted right or your levers arent jiving - obviously.

As far as your shaft seal.. sometimes seals go bad or are duds. Ive had oem waterpump seals go bad in less than 2 hours before. Another guy on here had his waterpump seal go out on his brand new 19 kx450. Seals are cheap and at least that one is an easy fix. it sucks but what are you gonna do?

|

10/2/2018 9:22 PM

I've tried ARC levers on my 16 250SXF and had similar problems. I went back to stock levers and the problem went away. I think the ARC have a different ratio and just didn't give it enough throw.

For the shaft seal, go back to your dealer to have them fix it. Maybe they will give you the part or discount and change it yourself. Very easy to do.

|

10/3/2018 6:41 AM

CarlinoJoeVideo wrote:

I've tried ARC levers on my 16 250SXF and had similar problems. I went back to stock levers and the problem went away. I think ...more

Yeah that’s kind of what I figured. I ordered the seal and an extra one already so I’ll go ahead and change it when it gets here. It was 6 bucks so no need to even involve the dealer. If it was closer I’d let them know but being on the coast all of the Ktm dealers are about 3+ hours away.

Stock lever going back on for the weekend!

|

10/3/2018 6:59 AM

Ktm shift levers can be hard to get off... Any tricks?

|

10/3/2018 11:07 AM

sandman768 wrote:

Ktm shift levers can be hard to get off... Any tricks?

My shift lever came right off. Spray some penetrating lube on it after you take the bolt out.

|

10/4/2018 3:42 AM

Have you replaced the front sprocket lately and flipped the washer around not knowing? The wide part is to face out. I had a brain fart and put it on backwards and it immediately started leaking so I took the seal out cleaned it up reinstalled, flipped the washer and all is good

|

10/5/2018 4:23 PM

ben5020 wrote:

Have you replaced the front sprocket lately and flipped the washer around not knowing? The wide part is to face out. I had a ...more

I could see that happening, Except it was the shift shaft seal that was leaking. Bike has 8 hours on it and I haven't put new sprockets or chain on it yet. Put the new shift shaft seal in last night and ran it a bit. No leaks so far! I ride a lot of sand so thats what most likely caused it to leak in the first place.

|

10/5/2018 4:54 PM

ben5020 wrote:

Have you replaced the front sprocket lately and flipped the washer around not knowing? The wide part is to face out. I had a ...more

billyg371 wrote:

I could see that happening, Except it was the shift shaft seal that was leaking. Bike has 8 hours on it and I haven't put new ...more

Sprocket would affect the countershaft seal. I think he's referring to the seal around the shift shaft behind where the shifter attaches. OP please correct if I'm wrong.

|

10/9/2018 2:53 PM

ben5020 wrote:

billyg371 wrote:

I could see that happening, Except it was the shift shaft seal that was leaking. Bike has 8 hours on it and I haven't put new ...more

MX915 wrote:

Sprocket would affect the countershaft seal. I think he's referring to the seal around the shift shaft behind where the ...more

Correct, Im talking about the shift shaft seal. Popped the old one out and put in the new one and so far so good. No leaks. But i did notice I am now missing the mid pipe spring..

|