2019 KTM 250SXF bike set up

Edited Date/Time 9/2/2018 3:49pm
Just wondering if anyone has any set up tips for these new bikes.

Sag ? Etc

I’m currently running the pro Circuit linkage from my 16 ktm I had. The rear shock gets extremely warm when riding to the point I can feel it on the seat.

I have forks on the 2nd line

Tips welcome

|
CarlinoJoeVideo
Fantasy
2339th
8/24/2018 11:00pm
I’d try running the stock link with sag at 104-106? Why do you run the rear link?
8/25/2018 12:48am
I’d try running the stock link with sag at 104-106? Why do you run the rear link?
I only put it on because I had it from the 16 but I have been thinking about putting the old one back on. I guessing that rear shock is different to the 16
CarlinoJoeVideo
Fantasy
2339th
8/25/2018 7:25am
Yeah that link changes quite a bit. I’d go back to stock. Make sure it’s all greased up, sometimes they aren’t done well from the factory.

I always remove my back fire screen or get a 2 stroke air cage.
blaze 57
8/25/2018 9:08am
These WP shocks get extremely hot. Mine would get to the point it seemed almost exhaust header hot. Yes that hot. I had Factory Connection install the bladder mod and now I can lay my hand on it after riding.

The Shop

Huskyman
8/25/2018 9:19am Edited Date/Time 8/25/2018 9:21am
I have the same bike. Forks i´m running on first line, 10,2 bar, comp 17, rebound 15
Rear 105 sag, comp 17, hi-speed comp 2,25 turns out, rebound 11.

8/25/2018 12:10pm
This is the settings I've been recommended. Have you had any work done on the forks std?
Comp 17
Rebound 14
High speed 2 turns out

And forks
Comp 18
Rebound 12
Air pressure 135 psi
8/25/2018 11:46pm
Thanks everyone. I’m going to put the linkage back to stock. I’ll try out them shock settings.

My forks have the kyb inserts installed I wasn’t even going to give the air a go with how good these forks feel with the inserts.

Looking forward to putting more hours on her
Huskyman
8/26/2018 12:08am
This is the settings I've been recommended. Have you had any work done on the forks std? Comp 17 Rebound 14 High speed 2 turns out...
This is the settings I've been recommended. Have you had any work done on the forks std?
Comp 17
Rebound 14
High speed 2 turns out

And forks
Comp 18
Rebound 12
Air pressure 135 psi
135 psi is really low, whats your weight with gear on?
8/26/2018 12:47am
This is the settings I've been recommended. Have you had any work done on the forks std? Comp 17 Rebound 14 High speed 2 turns out...
Comp 17
Rebound 14
High speed 2 turns out

And forks
Comp 18
Rebound 12
Air pressure 135 psi
Huskyman wrote:
Im 67.5kg without gear. I also have a lighter spring on the rear.
8/26/2018 12:50am
Thanks everyone. I’m going to put the linkage back to stock. I’ll try out them shock settings. My forks have the kyb inserts installed I wasn’t...
Thanks everyone. I’m going to put the linkage back to stock. I’ll try out them shock settings.

My forks have the kyb inserts installed I wasn’t even going to give the air a go with how good these forks feel with the inserts.

I thought you might have had some work done as you had the KAS stickers. Will karl not reccommend some settings to try that matches the forks ?
8/26/2018 2:33am
Thanks everyone. I’m going to put the linkage back to stock. I’ll try out them shock settings. My forks have the kyb inserts installed I wasn’t...

I thought you might have had some work done as you had the KAS stickers. Will karl not reccommend some settings to try that matches the...
I thought you might have had some work done as you had the KAS stickers. Will karl not reccommend some settings to try that matches the forks ?
Yea he put my KYB inserts in. I had the forks done by technical touch at first but it’s a nightmare sending it to Belgium.

Karl does great stuff and he’s going to help me out getting the forks right. But to be honest the forks are nearly where I want them straight away.
Huskyman
8/26/2018 5:46am
Comp 17
Rebound 14
High speed 2 turns out

And forks
Comp 18
Rebound 12
Air pressure 135 psi
Huskyman wrote:
Im 67.5kg without gear. I also have a lighter spring on the rear.
Ok, i´m 74kg without gear. Maybe i should try a lower pressure than the 10,2 i run at the moment.

I´m running full Öhlins suspension on my 2019 exc-f 250 and if or when i can afford i will go that route with the sxf as well. I´m already kind of sick checking that pressure all the time.
Luxon MX
Fantasy
1205th
8/26/2018 2:08pm
The PC link is dramatically more progressive than stock and is a lot softer overall. You can't just throw it on there and have it work well, you'll need a stiffer spring and different valving. But once you make the spring and valving changes, it's definitely better than stock.

We offer a knuckle that similarly changes the motion ratio curve, but allows you to run the stock link and moves the shock further away from the swingarm than the PC link does (the PC link will cause the spring to rub sometimes). Like the PC linkage, when combined with the appropriate spring and valving it will be a lot better than stock - much improved bottoming resistance and better initial stroke action for cornering traction. It's very noticeable how much better the bikes hook up vs. stock.
8/26/2018 3:25pm
Luxon MX wrote:
The PC link is dramatically more progressive than stock and is a lot softer overall. You can't just throw it on there and have it work...
The PC link is dramatically more progressive than stock and is a lot softer overall. You can't just throw it on there and have it work well, you'll need a stiffer spring and different valving. But once you make the spring and valving changes, it's definitely better than stock.

We offer a knuckle that similarly changes the motion ratio curve, but allows you to run the stock link and moves the shock further away from the swingarm than the PC link does (the PC link will cause the spring to rub sometimes). Like the PC linkage, when combined with the appropriate spring and valving it will be a lot better than stock - much improved bottoming resistance and better initial stroke action for cornering traction. It's very noticeable how much better the bikes hook up vs. stock.
I ran the linkage system on my 16 with a heavier spring and re valved shock and found it worked very well.

I do have the correct spring for the linkage system 48 spring but I have gone back to the standard system and spring 42 for now because of it being a new bike.

I’m interested in the knuckle you offer tho this sounds very interesting.
Luxon MX
Fantasy
1205th
8/27/2018 11:32am
I ran the linkage system on my 16 with a heavier spring and re valved shock and found it worked very well. I do have the...
I ran the linkage system on my 16 with a heavier spring and re valved shock and found it worked very well.

I do have the correct spring for the linkage system 48 spring but I have gone back to the standard system and spring 42 for now because of it being a new bike.

I’m interested in the knuckle you offer tho this sounds very interesting.
You can check out some specs on our website:
https://luxonmx.com/products-suspension.html

But we don't sell the knuckle direct since it requires a revalve and spring. We sell it through N2D since Brian has the valving all sorted out and offers the services. I'd highly recommend going through N2D to get a revalve with the link since I don't know anything about your currently valved shock. They're also really good with the WP forks.
https://www.n2dirt.net/product/wp-linkage-knuckle/

But for now you might try a back to back test with your revalved/sprung shock and PC link to the stock KTM stuff to get an idea of which you like better. Our link is really close to the PC motion ratio, but slightly less progressive so it won't pack up as much at the end of stroke. If you end up preferring the PC to stock, you'll like our link.
Monk
9/2/2018 3:49pm
blaze 57 wrote:
These WP shocks get extremely hot. Mine would get to the point it seemed almost exhaust header hot. Yes that hot. I had Factory Connection install...
These WP shocks get extremely hot. Mine would get to the point it seemed almost exhaust header hot. Yes that hot. I had Factory Connection install the bladder mod and now I can lay my hand on it after riding.
Yup, they get hot...

Post a reply to: 2019 KTM 250SXF bike set up

The Latest