2018 rmz450 plastics to 2005 rm125?

Related:
Create New Tag

5/27/2018 9:18 PM

Just curious, has anyone found a way/tried to install the updated 2018 rmz450 front number plate and front fender on a rm125/250?
I'm looking to update the number plate and front fender on my 2005 rm 125, and if the option is there, I'd like to update it to the new 2018 front plastics. Let me know if anyone on here has tried it or thought of trying it and what it takes.
Thanks ahead of time everyone!

|

5/28/2018 1:35 AM

Not worth the hassle IMO. Look at the shape of those bikes from the side, completely different. You would probably need subframe, seat, airbox, plastics, a custom fuel tank, as 450 one won't fit, and the shrouds would't fit any other tank.
When you piece it all together, it will still probably not fit correctly, as the bikes are completely different.

|

5/28/2018 1:00 PM

Turbojez wrote:

Not worth the hassle IMO. Look at the shape of those bikes from the side, completely different. You would probably need subframe, seat, airbox, plastics, a custom fuel tank, as 450 one won't fit, and the shrouds would't fit any other tank.
When you piece it all together, it will still probably not fit correctly, as the bikes are completely different.

I know all of the plastics won't fit. I'm asking specifically about the front fender and number plate. Just wanted to see if anyone had tried it since you can make the previous 2008-2017 rmz 450 front fender and number plate fit fairly easily. Sorry if that wasn't very clear.

|

5/29/2018 1:01 AM

CR92 wrote:

I know all of the plastics won't fit. I'm asking specifically about the front fender and number plate. Just wanted to see if anyone had tried it since you can make the previous 2008-2017 rmz 450 front fender and number plate fit fairly easily. Sorry if that wasn't very clear.

Sorry mate, my bad! You made it clear, my head was somewhere else, and I responded more or less to the thread title.

As far as front fender and number plate conversion goes, it cannot be hard, and I have already seen it done. Will try to find a pic and post it here.
I like the looks of 2008-2017 fender with factory number plate better, but it's a matter of taste.

|

5/29/2018 2:10 AM

Haven't done it yet but I will be putting a 2018 front fender and number plate on my 08 RM125 when I rebuild it. I am not sure that it will look good because the style of the two bikes are so different but I'm going to give it a go and see what it looks like anyway if nobody else does it before I get around to it. If not 2017 RM-Z definitely looks good.

|

Instagram @_yabba_dabba_dont_


6/1/2018 12:43 PM

Slosh 112 wrote:

Haven't done it yet but I will be putting a 2018 front fender and number plate on my 08 RM125 when I rebuild it. I am not sure that it will look good because the style of the two bikes are so different but I'm going to give it a go and see what it looks like anyway if nobody else does it before I get around to it. If not 2017 RM-Z definitely looks good.

Let me know how it turns out! I'd love to at least see how it would look and what the process would be.

|

6/5/2018 1:10 AM

I was planning on doing the same, but the 2018 front plate has 2 mounts and not the standard single center mount.
Could be difficult to get around. Custom bracket maybe?

Photo

|

@russ_69

7/23/2018 5:31 PM

RussB wrote:

I was planning on doing the same, but the 2018 front plate has 2 mounts and not the standard single center mount.
Could be difficult to get around. Custom bracket maybe?

Photo

I saw someone on craigslist did it to his 05 rmz450. He said he was able to just make a little bracket. It would be interesting if anyone else has seen it or has some input/seen it done before.

|

7/23/2018 5:48 PM

Also, if anyone is interested, this is the bike I'll be updating. I haven't really done much to it since about 2011I wanna say...? Photo

|

7/23/2018 9:28 PM

I've done the front number plate and fender conversion. It looked pretty good and was super simple. Photo

|

12/16/2018 2:00 PM

It's been a while since I started this thread, so I wanted to re-check in. Has anyone tried to put the 18+ RMZ number plate and front fender on an rm125/250 yet? Let me know guys! Thanks!

|