2018 crf just cranks won’t start HELP!!!

1/7/2019 6:29pm
I have a 2018 crf250r 14 hours total on bike. Raced it last month washed and parked it. Went out a week later wouldn’t start just cranked over. Didn’t have time to mess with it. Went back out a few days ago and still just cranked over until the battery finally died from trying to start it. How ever I can smell fuel when cranking over.so seems as tho fuel pump is getting power. Has rekluse clutch so wasn’t able to bump start. Could it be the valves out of spec? Almost how it seems? Any help would be appreciated!!!
|
Paw Paw 271
1/7/2019 7:12pm
Check to see if you are getting good blue color spark at the plug.
You may want to go through your wiring connectors and clean and put di-electric grease on each.

Paw Paw
pCp 252
Fantasy
2497th
1/8/2019 6:02pm Edited Date/Time 1/8/2019 8:23pm
Unlikely due to valve clearance or anything engine mechanical related with under 15 hours and you didn’t do something completely negligent.

I would suspect it’s just the battery. I read most posts in this section & it’s common to see a similar post made from someone new to e-start. The bike may turn over, but doesn’t have enough (voltage, amperage..?) to fire up. It seems the li-ion batteries may sacrifice power for lightweight? I’m not sure, I still have a kicker.

Those bikes had a clutch recall, Make sure you take care of that if you haven’t.

Matt Fisher
Fantasy
1084th
1/8/2019 7:20pm
Jump start the bike from your car. 12 volts is 12 volts.

Change the spark plug. Even 4 strokes can foul them.

Isolate if you have a lack of fuel in the cylinder by spraying a bit of engine start (ether) in the airboot. If it tries to run, you aren't getting fuel to the cylinder. If not, it's more likely spark.
1/9/2019 3:08am
Unplug your kill switch and try starting it. New crfs kill switches don't seal out water like the old ones. Easiest place to start too.

The Shop

harescrambled
Fantasy
1864th
1/10/2019 6:51pm
Unplug your kill switch and try starting it. New crfs kill switches don't seal out water like the old ones. Easiest place to start too.
New CRF kill/mode switch/indicator sucks big time. Gotta take them apart and pack with dielectric grease.
1/21/2019 9:53am
Ok so just got back into town. Charged up the battery lastnight. Went out today just cranked over still won’t start. So first thing I’ve done is unplugged kill switch but it’s still not firing with that unplugged. So next I’ll pull plug and inspect.

Post a reply to: 2018 crf just cranks won’t start HELP!!!

The Latest