2018 crf 250r battery

Related:
Create New Tag

4/2/2019 9:07 AM

I live in Minnesota and my bike sat in a cold garage all winter ultimately draining my battery pretty bad. The bike when it is warmed up starts no problem but when it is cold the battery doesn't have enough power to start is. I am wondering if it is ok to pull the battery out and charge it with a 12v 2 amp battery charger? If this is possible will this help/solve the problem?

|

4/2/2019 9:59 AM

I am actually not sure if the 2018 CRF 250r is a LiPo or Lead Acid type battery. I would be shocked if it wasn't a LiPo. That is the main thing you need to be sure of. Make sure to use a LiPo charger on a LiPo battery and vice versa. What is the make/ model if your charger?

|

4/2/2019 10:32 AM

I haven't bought a charger yet, I was looking at getting one after work. So if you could tell me what charger to get that would also be helpful.

|

4/2/2019 10:47 AM

Just get a basic battery tender. Cold temps is hard on any battery. Its why cars struggle at -15 degrees

|

4/2/2019 3:01 PM

Replace the battery as they were known to be bad right out of the box. Get a good LI aftermarket unit.

Paw Paw

|

4/2/2019 3:39 PM

I am looking to replace the battery but until the battery arrives I will need to do something to get my bike started

|

4/5/2019 3:37 PM

kb228 wrote:

Just get a basic battery tender. Cold temps is hard on any battery. Its why cars struggle at -15 degrees

No....you need a charger that's specifically designed for Li batteries. The charge voltages are different, and the cycle profile are different as well

|

Many thanks to everyone helping me out this GNCC season: SRT Offroad, Acerbis, FCR Suspension, O'Neal Racing, Evans Waterless Coolants, Rekluse, Twin Air, Braking Brakes, Carbsport

Profile image credit Ken Hill Photography

4/5/2019 4:12 PM

will4796 wrote:

I am looking to replace the battery but until the battery arrives I will need to do something to get my bike started

Photo
Buy one of these...about $40, and it will charge Gel cell, Lead Acid, and Li batteries. Just hook it up, plug it in, and it does the job
|

Many thanks to everyone helping me out this GNCC season: SRT Offroad, Acerbis, FCR Suspension, O'Neal Racing, Evans Waterless Coolants, Rekluse, Twin Air, Braking Brakes, Carbsport

Profile image credit Ken Hill Photography