2018 Husky TC 50

sumsum23
Hey guys need some help..
My son has a Husky TC 50 2018. Only has 7.1hrs on it but since the first day he rode it it has had a problem with cutting out...
He can be riding fine flatout then all of a sudden it just bogs down and stops....
Here is the best part though....
If you wait for about 2-3minutes it will kick over first time and off he goes and can ride pretty much rest of the day no problems....
It does it once a day. Will stop. You wait it starts off he goes...
Replaced the stator at 5hrs but still does it.
Any Ideas cos I have none????
|
GuyWithABike
Fantasy
2261st
3/24/2019 6:59pm
Trash in the carberator. My sons 2018 KTM 50 does the same thing. Pulled the carb last week and the bowl has grass and dirt from who knows where getting in. Cleaned it up sealed around the air filter and around the intake to carb connection with extra water proof grease. Will see how it holds up.
4csHATER
3/24/2019 7:41pm
what fuel are ypu running? did he idle it around alot when it was new?

my sons did this and it was faulty stator and magneto and ignition coil and killswitch it fried the entire electrical system.
sumsum23
3/24/2019 8:13pm
Trash in the carberator. My sons 2018 KTM 50 does the same thing. Pulled the carb last week and the bowl has grass and dirt from...
Trash in the carberator. My sons 2018 KTM 50 does the same thing. Pulled the carb last week and the bowl has grass and dirt from who knows where getting in. Cleaned it up sealed around the air filter and around the intake to carb connection with extra water proof grease. Will see how it holds up.
Yeah I thought Carby too but the shop was pretty certain it was the stator.... Which it is not cos a brand new stator is in and still doing it... Will clean the carby and see how we go... Cheers hey

The Shop

sumsum23
3/24/2019 8:17pm
4csHATER wrote:
what fuel are ypu running? did he idle it around alot when it was new? my sons did this and it was faulty stator and magneto...
what fuel are ypu running? did he idle it around alot when it was new?

my sons did this and it was faulty stator and magneto and ignition coil and killswitch it fried the entire electrical system.
Running 95-98 fuel in it... Mixed at 50:1 motorex oil.
He did the usual hours running in as we got it brand new but after that been going flatout...
It runs really well but bogs and stops once a race day like i said. Wait acouple of minutes fire it back up and off again no drama... Had the new Stator put in but still did it last practice day
4csHATER
3/24/2019 8:30pm
if you dont replace magneto/rotor, with the stator and coil it makes no difference, try vp t4 mixed 55:1 and reed spacer and that bike will scream and be perfect all the time also there is a hole in case under stator side that hole can be plugged!
dkurtd
3/24/2019 8:34pm Edited Date/Time 3/24/2019 8:34pm
I've had coils go bad and they would act like that but would continue to die once they warmed back up again (internal break in the wire that would give an open once warm). So they would end up dying numerous times through out the day once they got hot enough. You say this only does it once and then it's fine the rest of the day? If so that seems odd. I would give the carb a good cleaning before I spent more money on electronics, if that doesn't fix it then a coil would be next.

OBTW: Have you ever pulled the plug as soon as it dies to see if it has spark?
sumsum23
3/24/2019 9:48pm
dkurtd wrote:
I've had coils go bad and they would act like that but would continue to die once they warmed back up again (internal break in the...
I've had coils go bad and they would act like that but would continue to die once they warmed back up again (internal break in the wire that would give an open once warm). So they would end up dying numerous times through out the day once they got hot enough. You say this only does it once and then it's fine the rest of the day? If so that seems odd. I would give the carb a good cleaning before I spent more money on electronics, if that doesn't fix it then a coil would be next.

OBTW: Have you ever pulled the plug as soon as it dies to see if it has spark?
I never really get the chance to pull the plug when it happens... Usually in the middle of a race and the minute or 2 it takes to come good again he just wants to get back on and Go!!!! Yeah has only ever happened once a day. They do 10min practice/warm up. About 2hr wait then 3x10mins races during the day with about 2hrs in between. Usually happens midway into the 1st or 2nd race then will run fine ret of the day without doing anything to it... Frustrating as you can imagine..
Great help tho guys will give it a go. And see how we do thanks again
AngryBear
3/29/2019 8:11pm
sumsum23 wrote:
Hey guys need some help.. My son has a Husky TC 50 2018. Only has 7.1hrs on it but since the first day he rode it...
My son has a Husky TC 50 2018. Only has 7.1hrs on it but since the first day he rode it it has had a problem with cutting out...
He can be riding fine flatout then all of a sudden it just bogs down and stops....
If you wait for about 2-3minutes it will kick over first time and off he goes and can ride pretty much rest of the day no problems....
"Replaced the stator at 5hrs but still does it."

not to change topic, but why did you need to replace stator @ 5hrs?!

(i'm a TC50 owner as well)
atrdrvr7
3/30/2019 6:26am
The manual calls for 60:1. Stick with that. Had the same issues. Pull and clean carb and stick with 60:1. The bike runs like a turd at 50:1.
SLOWTIME
3/30/2019 6:49am
Just curious why there is a hole in the case under the stator...
sumsum23
3/30/2019 2:27pm
sumsum23 wrote:
Hey guys need some help.. My son has a Husky TC 50 2018. Only has 7.1hrs on it but since the first day he rode it...
AngryBear wrote:
"Replaced the stator at 5hrs but still does it." not to change topic, but why did you need to replace stator @ 5hrs?! (i'm a TC50...
"Replaced the stator at 5hrs but still does it."

not to change topic, but why did you need to replace stator @ 5hrs?!

(i'm a TC50 owner as well)
The dealer I got it from said it sounded like a stator problem so sent me one for free under warranty... Heard its a pretty common problem for the KTM/Husky 50s.
Had the Carby cleaned and tuned over the wkend will try running it at 60:1 like the book says see if that makes a difference. Hopefully take the little fella out in the next couple of days give it a test
SLOWTIME
5/8/2019 5:58pm
SLOWTIME wrote:
Just curious why there is a hole in the case under the stator...
Still wondering why there is a hole in the case under the stator. Anyone know?

Post a reply to: 2018 Husky TC 50

The Latest