2018 CRF250R starting issues

mini_Goff
Gentleman, I bought a 2018 crf250r back in February brand new. I've since put 5.6 hours on the bike. Ever since day one it has given us issues starting. 5 hours later it wont start at all. Yesterday I replaced the battery to a Fire Power LI-ON battery but still no luck. I changed the spark plug on it today and the very first time I pressed the button it fired up, but hasn't started since. I unplugged the map/kill switch cluster to see if that was bad but it still wouldn't start. I've tried pulling the yellow knob out and starting it, ive tried starting it with the yellow knob in. It sounds like it wants to fire but almost like its just not getting spark. I sprayed carb cleaner into the intake while starting it and it absolutely nothing happened. I'm beginning to get very frustrated as this is my very first Honda experience and I'm typically a 2T guy so all of these electronics are very new to me. Any advice or help would be greatly appreciated it. Thanks!
|
Paul_Pitzonka
6/28/2019 6:31pm Edited Date/Time 6/28/2019 6:34pm
mini_Goff wrote:
Gentleman, I bought a 2018 crf250r back in February brand new. I've since put 5.6 hours on the bike. Ever since day one it has given...
Gentleman, I bought a 2018 crf250r back in February brand new. I've since put 5.6 hours on the bike. Ever since day one it has given us issues starting. 5 hours later it wont start at all. Yesterday I replaced the battery to a Fire Power LI-ON battery but still no luck. I changed the spark plug on it today and the very first time I pressed the button it fired up, but hasn't started since. I unplugged the map/kill switch cluster to see if that was bad but it still wouldn't start. I've tried pulling the yellow knob out and starting it, ive tried starting it with the yellow knob in. It sounds like it wants to fire but almost like its just not getting spark. I sprayed carb cleaner into the intake while starting it and it absolutely nothing happened. I'm beginning to get very frustrated as this is my very first Honda experience and I'm typically a 2T guy so all of these electronics are very new to me. Any advice or help would be greatly appreciated it. Thanks!
This is a known problem with these bikes... first, I would pull the coil and make sure you’re getting a good strong spark if so; sometimes adjusting the tps on these bikes helps counter the hard start issue... I’d recommend a setting of .54-.56 (not the .62 that works with most bikes)... Also If the bike’s been sitting an extended period sometimes the injectors gum up and need to be cleaned... ***make sure you’ve had the clutch basket recall done***

Post a reply to: 2018 CRF250R starting issues

The Latest