2018 CRF250R VS 2016 KTM 250SXF

Edited Date/Time 1/14/2018 6:17pm
Hello.

Firstly I’m sorry if this is in the wrong place if so let me know.

I’m considering changing to the 2018 CRF250R or maybe waiting until the 19 ktm or even Yamaha’s comes out.

Has anyone gone from a 16/17 ktm to the Honda ? I’d be very interested to hear what people think.

Do you notice the weight difference and how much different is the bottom end on the Honda to the ktm ?

Craig
|
CarlinoJoeVideo
Fantasy
2339th
1/14/2018 7:02am
I have a 2016 KTM and In stock form I like the 18 Honda better. Mostly because the suspension and chassis.

The KTM has an over all better engine because it’s more broad from bottom to long over rev at the top. Honda is great from mid to top, almost like a 4 stroke version of a 125 if that makes sense. I don’t mind that power on the Honda because I’m not racing a lot and I ride 125s...

You have to decide what’s work important, suspension, chassis feel or engine...
1/14/2018 7:48am
I have a 2016 KTM and In stock form I like the 18 Honda better. Mostly because the suspension and chassis. The KTM has an over...
I have a 2016 KTM and In stock form I like the 18 Honda better. Mostly because the suspension and chassis.

The KTM has an over all better engine because it’s more broad from bottom to long over rev at the top. Honda is great from mid to top, almost like a 4 stroke version of a 125 if that makes sense. I don’t mind that power on the Honda because I’m not racing a lot and I ride 125s...

Thanks for the input.

Most important things for me are chassis and Suspension. I like the ktm but I think the biggest downfall is the air fork at times
mxb2
1/14/2018 11:24am
I have a 2016 KTM and In stock form I like the 18 Honda better. Mostly because the suspension and chassis. The KTM has an over...

Thanks for the input. Most important things for me are chassis and Suspension. I like the ktm but I think the biggest downfall is the air...
Thanks for the input.

Most important things for me are chassis and Suspension. I like the ktm but I think the biggest downfall is the air fork at times
Both great bikes. Crf, Add a pipe and. Vortex, set up suspension, it will be the best 250f out there.
1/14/2018 11:30am

Thanks for the input. Most important things for me are chassis and Suspension. I like the ktm but I think the biggest downfall is the air...
Thanks for the input.

mxb2 wrote:
Both great bikes. Crf, Add a pipe and. Vortex, set up suspension, it will be the best 250f out there.
I was thinking of getting the Roczen addition with those nice pipes added.

The Shop

mxb2
1/14/2018 11:35am
Thanks for the input.

mxb2 wrote:
Roczen edition?
1/14/2018 11:42am
mxb2 wrote:
mxb2 wrote:
Roczen edition?
Few places here in the Uk selling the 18s with the yoshi exhaust system, wheels and hubs, full graphics kits for little bit extra and you get the standard parts to
mxb2
1/14/2018 11:57am
mxb2 wrote:
Roczen edition?
Few places here in the Uk selling the 18s with the yoshi exhaust system, wheels and hubs, full graphics kits for little bit extra and you...
Few places here in the Uk selling the 18s with the yoshi exhaust system, wheels and hubs, full graphics kits for little bit extra and you get the standard parts to
Nice nice.
CarlinoJoeVideo
Fantasy
2339th
1/14/2018 3:23pm

Thanks for the input.

The CRF has the best stock out of the box suspension I ever rode. Yamaha is pretty close though also.

If I got a Honda CRF250 I’d run it with VP T4e fuel and Yosh exhaust. I’d consider a vortex or maybe high comp piston.

Check out Keefer Tested Podcast, he did one called “living with Honda CRF 250” explains everything he did to the bike in the last 40-50 hours.

Post a reply to: 2018 CRF250R VS 2016 KTM 250SXF

The Latest