2018 CRF 250 R Water Pump Help

Edited Date/Time 9/7/2020 3:01am
Hey guys, I chipped a tooth on my kids 2018 CRF 250 and want to replace the gear on the back side of the impeller shaft. Got the impeller off, but this looks very different from what I'm used to. Any tips about how to pull the shaft out so I can change the gear? Anyone have a service manual for this bike? I uploaded a photo of what the gear looks like from the back. I tried pulling on the gear and shaft to pull it out (after removing the impeller on the other side) but it does not budge.

|
11/23/2019 9:31pm
Hey guys, I chipped a tooth on my kids 2018 CRF 250 and want to replace the gear on the back side of the impeller shaft...
Hey guys, I chipped a tooth on my kids 2018 CRF 250 and want to replace the gear on the back side of the impeller shaft. Got the impeller off, but this looks very different from what I'm used to. Any tips about how to pull the shaft out so I can change the gear? Anyone have a service manual for this bike? I uploaded a photo of what the gear looks like from the back. I tried pulling on the gear and shaft to pull it out (after removing the impeller on the other side) but it does not budge.

Let me ask a quick question please, to remove the impeller is it lefty loosey or reverse threaded. I can’t find this information anywhere. Thank you in adance
moto831
9/5/2020 8:15am
Did you figure it out? I'm having the same issue...
9/5/2020 9:06am
I got it kinda figured out, I run a Boyseen water pump and Engine Ice, along with Maxima Extra 4 motor oil now. It doesn’t over heat except in tight rough riding, but at the track it doesn’t over heat at all. I do not let it run very long before riding it and don’t let it idle on the stand, it will start to over heat. Hope this helps some.
harescrambled
Fantasy
1942nd
9/5/2020 12:56pm
Hey guys, I chipped a tooth on my kids 2018 CRF 250 and want to replace the gear on the back side of the impeller shaft...

Those engines use a mechanical water pump seal. You have to press the shaft out. It will not come out by hand. Then when you reassemble it, you have to install a new mechanical seal, which must be pressed on. (Honda recommends a new water pump shaft as well). You're basically looking at replacing everything except the impeller

The Shop

shkapars
9/7/2020 3:01am
Didn't change shaft, changed only seals. Everything ok. Make close picture how water seal is placed on shaft, little bit wrong and it will leak. And be careful pressing in seal and shaft there is easy to damage water seal.

Post a reply to: 2018 CRF 250 R Water Pump Help

The Latest