2018-2020 Honda 250 rod issues?

Asnep815
Was wondering if anyone was having issues with the stock rods when building a mild engine package? Currently getting ready to do JE high comp piston, head porting, valve job, and ecu tune for VP fuel. Not wanting anything wild in terms of power level, but obviously want to maintain some level of reliability. Has anyone had issues with this type of build on the OEM connecting rod? Thanks for any input!
|
CarlinoJoeVideo
Fantasy
2339th
4/4/2020 8:19pm
Asnep815 wrote:
Was wondering if anyone was having issues with the stock rods when building a mild engine package? Currently getting ready to do JE high comp piston...
Was wondering if anyone was having issues with the stock rods when building a mild engine package? Currently getting ready to do JE high comp piston, head porting, valve job, and ecu tune for VP fuel. Not wanting anything wild in terms of power level, but obviously want to maintain some level of reliability. Has anyone had issues with this type of build on the OEM connecting rod? Thanks for any input!
I have a Racetech modded head on my 19 250 on stock bottom end. Currently running Vortex ecu with maps from XPR Racing. Yosh exhaust and up 1 tooth on the rear sprocket.

Overall it’s a big gain over stock and almost at 50 hours on the bike( about 20 hours on mods).
Asnep815
4/5/2020 5:07am
Asnep815 wrote:
Was wondering if anyone was having issues with the stock rods when building a mild engine package? Currently getting ready to do JE high comp piston...
I have a Racetech modded head on my 19 250 on stock bottom end. Currently running Vortex ecu with maps from XPR Racing. Yosh exhaust and...
I have a Racetech modded head on my 19 250 on stock bottom end. Currently running Vortex ecu with maps from XPR Racing. Yosh exhaust and up 1 tooth on the rear sprocket.

Overall it’s a big gain over stock and almost at 50 hours on the bike( about 20 hours on mods).
thats what ive heard, currently running a tuned stock ecu on T4 fuel with yosh exhaust and 49 tooth rear sprocket and that alone was solid. but i figured once i tear it down i might as well get the head done up, so thats good to hear!
CarlinoJoeVideo
Fantasy
2339th
4/5/2020 6:11am
Asnep815 wrote:
I have a Racetech modded head on my 19 250 on stock bottom end. Currently running Vortex ecu with maps from XPR Racing. Yosh exhaust and...

Asnep815 wrote:
thats what ive heard, currently running a tuned stock ecu on T4 fuel with yosh exhaust and 49 tooth rear sprocket and that alone was solid...
thats what ive heard, currently running a tuned stock ecu on T4 fuel with yosh exhaust and 49 tooth rear sprocket and that alone was solid. but i figured once i tear it down i might as well get the head done up, so thats good to hear!
How many hours you going to do until tear down?
Asnep815
4/5/2020 8:45am

Asnep815 wrote:
thats what ive heard, currently running a tuned stock ecu on T4 fuel with yosh exhaust and 49 tooth rear sprocket and that alone was solid...
How many hours you going to do until tear down?
im going to start tearing into it this week at some point, bike currently has 30 hours on it. we've always done pistons, camchain, and inspected the head around then. so i figured once we tear the topend down i might as well add some goodies

The Shop

RWhite541
4/9/2020 9:55pm
Asnep815 wrote:
Beef it up had mine go in 2016 with 15 hrs on bike JGR engine pro6 gas bike was brand new sent to them right away. Crank went
adam8781
4/10/2020 9:28am
stock rod is fine for 40 hours if the bike isnt ridden like barcia rides a 250f
RWhite541
4/10/2020 9:32am
adam8781 wrote:
To each their own.......
RWhite541
4/10/2020 9:33am
adam8781 wrote:
His bike has 30 hrs on it already

Post a reply to: 2018-2020 Honda 250 rod issues?

The Latest