2017 rmz250 judder spring

Hi all. I've just installed a Rekluse core exp 3.0. The Rekluse instructions say to install the stock judder spring and seat, but the Rekluse clutch hub is a smaller diameter than the stock hub. This means that the stock judder spring can't be used because it won't centralise on the hub. Does anyone know if it's ok to run without the judder spring?
|
kb228
4/25/2018 5:51pm
I would call rekluse and ask
RussB
Fantasy
1164th
4/25/2018 11:43pm
I removed the judder spring from the stock clutch on my 15 RMZ450 and it improved the clutch action and feel.
The judder spring creates extra drag and makes for a wider engagement window at the lever.

I also used a Rekluse EXP Disc (not the full set up) without the judder spring with 0 issues.

I'm confident you could not install the judder spring on the Rekluse set up and the clutch will be perfectly fine.
4/26/2018 12:42am
RussB wrote:
I removed the judder spring from the stock clutch on my 15 RMZ450 and it improved the clutch action and feel. The judder spring creates extra...
I removed the judder spring from the stock clutch on my 15 RMZ450 and it improved the clutch action and feel.
The judder spring creates extra drag and makes for a wider engagement window at the lever.

I also used a Rekluse EXP Disc (not the full set up) without the judder spring with 0 issues.

I'm confident you could not install the judder spring on the Rekluse set up and the clutch will be perfectly fine.
Thanks for the replys. I have emailed Rekluse, but had no reply yet. The instructions that came with the Rekluse core exp 3.0 show a picture of the judder spring and say to install it. The Rekluse clutch hub is 97mm (approx.) and the internal diameter of the judder spring is 102mm (approx.)The judder spring and seat fit nicely over the stock hub and drop inside the first friction plate. It would be rattling around loosely and getting caught between the first friction plate and second drive plate if it was fitted with the Rekluse hub.
To be perfectly honest I haven't seen a judder spring before but it was obvious something wasn't right with the fit on the new hub. I just wish the instructions were a little clearer on that to save me the stress of trying to find out that I don't really need it. I guessed it wouldn't make any difference, so have installed the clutch without it last night.
RussB
Fantasy
1164th
4/26/2018 1:06am
Scrambled wrote:
Thanks for the replys. I have emailed Rekluse, but had no reply yet. The instructions that came with the Rekluse core exp 3.0 show a picture...
Thanks for the replys. I have emailed Rekluse, but had no reply yet. The instructions that came with the Rekluse core exp 3.0 show a picture of the judder spring and say to install it. The Rekluse clutch hub is 97mm (approx.) and the internal diameter of the judder spring is 102mm (approx.)The judder spring and seat fit nicely over the stock hub and drop inside the first friction plate. It would be rattling around loosely and getting caught between the first friction plate and second drive plate if it was fitted with the Rekluse hub.
To be perfectly honest I haven't seen a judder spring before but it was obvious something wasn't right with the fit on the new hub. I just wish the instructions were a little clearer on that to save me the stress of trying to find out that I don't really need it. I guessed it wouldn't make any difference, so have installed the clutch without it last night.
You've done the right thing. I doubt the judder spring would even work correctly if its not evenly fitted around the hub, plus the free play will cause it to rattle around and prematurely wear out the inner hub and plate it contacts.

If you are able to, start the bike and test it at home. You wont need to ride it to know if its okay. Simply set the free play gain at the lever (if you need to with your rekluse set up?).
If you can select a gear, release the clutch fully with very little creep (you always get a little but it shouldn't stall or feel close to stalling) then you know the clutch is working correctly. Keep an eye out for clutch slip when you ride but I've never experienced any with a rekluse clutch. I've even dyno'd my bike with a rekluse in with no judder spring and still had 0 slip

The Shop

4/26/2018 1:46am
Thanks again Russ. I feel confident I've done the right thing now. We've got a 2 hour HH on Sunday and I'm not going to get much time to test it before then. Didn't want to be riding around thinking there was something missing that should have been in there.

Post a reply to: 2017 rmz250 judder spring

The Latest