2017 ktm 102psi fork setting

Related:
Create New Tag

8/5/2017 1:24 AM

The manual says minimum air pressure recommended is 102psi, I tried this today and my fork height dropped about 2-3 inches. Has anyone else tried it at this pressure? I am wondering if this could be good for flat track racing...

|

8/9/2017 8:16 PM

I have no real world experience with air forks, but you should be careful doing that. It may have sacked out because of a air chamber leak. Do they extend back to normal length if you pump them back up to 140?

|

8/9/2017 8:20 PM

rjg wrote:

I have no real world experience with air forks, but you should be careful doing that. It may have sacked out because of a air chamber leak. Do they extend back to normal length if you pump them back up to 140?

Yes they went back to full extension.

|

8/10/2017 6:46 AM
Edited Date/Time: 8/10/2017 6:48 AM

I think you read it wrong, it is a base setting of 10.2 Bar which is equal to 148 PSI.

Oops, I read your post wrong and see you tried the minimum haha. I'm not flat tracker but I think a stiffer setup with shortened forks might work nicer.

|

8/10/2017 3:39 PM

It seems that with that low a pressure and that much fork compression, you will be in the wrong part of the fork stroke to have good dampening.

Paw Paw

|

8/10/2017 4:01 PM

Paw Paw wrote:

It seems that with that low a pressure and that much fork compression, you will be in the wrong part of the fork stroke to have good dampening.

Paw Paw

Not too much required in flat track.

|