2017 fc450 power

Related:
Create New Tag

7/9/2018 9:59 AM

I have a 2017 fc450 completly stock I like the bike a lot but I'm looking for a little more response off the bottom. I rode a 2018 fc350 and liked how quick it got on the power. Looking for some advice on where to start to get my bike on the power s little quicker.

|

7/9/2018 11:16 AM

Remember bigger motors arent as responsive as smaller ones. Remapping it could help, and different cams can help. Those alone made a nice difference on my kx450’s response.

|

7/9/2018 1:56 PM

Sipes #412 wrote:

I have a 2017 fc450 completly stock I like the bike a lot but I'm looking for a little more response off the bottom. I rode a 2018 fc350 and liked how quick it got on the power. Looking for some advice on where to start to get my bike on the power s little quicker.

Just change to the bigger throttle cam that comes with the bike and you are good to go. Night and day different bike.

|

7/9/2018 2:02 PM

Sipes #412 wrote:

aees wrote:

Just change to the bigger throttle cam that comes with the bike and you are good to go. Night and day different bike.

I did that and the airbox mod and still want more

|

7/9/2018 2:07 PM

I think the exhaust has a screen in it.

Run VP T4 or T4E fuel.

Try a Vortex ECU mapped by Twisted Development.

|

7/9/2018 2:42 PM

Fmf pipe with Tokyo mods remap. If you get the pipe from them they might remap for free

|

7/9/2018 3:23 PM

Bruce372 wrote:

Fmf pipe with Tokyo mods remap. If you get the pipe from them they might remap for free

Definitely going to get a fmf pipe from them. Just looked on their website and it says free remap with the purchase of fmf pipe.

|

7/12/2018 12:03 PM

FMF Slip on or Remove stock screen in exhaust and repack. T4E fuel, drill holes in side panel. Problem solved.

|

7/12/2018 2:14 PM

Race fuel- VP's T4/T4e are good, U4.4 or MR12 for bigger gains with a remap and exhaust.

|

7/12/2018 8:11 PM

Try lower gearing. Worked for me.

|

2019 KTM 250 SX
2016 Husqvarna FC-450
2015 KTM 150 SX
2015 KTM 200 XC-W

7/12/2018 9:40 PM

Adjust the tps

|

7/13/2018 10:41 PM

Full exhaust, Vortex ECU, open up the airbox, black throttle cam and VP T4. I did all of these and it made a huge difference. Completely different bike.

|

7/13/2018 11:00 PM

CSAR FE wrote:

Full exhaust, Vortex ECU, open up the airbox, black throttle cam and VP T4. I did all of these and it made a huge difference. Completely different bike.

Ive gone the black throttle cam and air box mod but still want more. Tokyo mods has a deal where you buy a fmf pipe from them and get a free remap. I'm going to try that first. I don't want to run race gas. I couldn't believe how much it was for a 5 gallon.

|

7/13/2018 11:12 PM

CSAR FE wrote:

Sipes #412 wrote:

Ive gone the black throttle cam and air box mod but still want more. Tokyo mods has a deal where you buy a fmf pipe from them and get a free remap. I'm going to try that first. I don't want to run race gas. I couldn't believe how much it was for a 5 gallon.

I did the Tokyo mods remap first and it made a difference, but not near what the vortex ecu did.

|

7/15/2018 3:06 AM

CSAR FE wrote:

I did the Tokyo mods remap first and it made a difference, but not near what the vortex ecu did.

What map did you like in the Vortex?
One of the pre loaded ones, or custom?

|

7/15/2018 10:46 AM

Sipes #412 wrote:

CSAR FE wrote:

skypig wrote:

Map 1 has proven to be very responsive, albeit a touch lean for my bike. I may send it off to Twisted Development in the future.

|

7/15/2018 11:38 AM

CSAR FE wrote:

skypig wrote:

CSAR FE wrote:

Map 1 has proven to be very responsive, albeit a touch lean for my bike. I may send it off to Twisted Development in the future.

I have maps from Twisted that are really fun. I prefer the maps that are very progressive, helps me with corner speed and smooth throttle control. They also have reduced engine braking. Definitely a big advocate for them.

|

7/15/2018 1:37 PM
Edited Date/Time: 7/15/2018 1:40 PM

I felt the same way with my 17’ crf450. The vortex through Twisted D changes the engine feel so much.
A stock ecu re-flash, with a pipe was a minor jump compared to what i got with a vortex ecu w/ t4 fuel.
The lil yellow box isnt cheap, but its magic. Stronger/ quicker response, less engine braking, bike fires up easier, and it seems to have a stronger idle less prone to stalling.
Photo

|

7/15/2018 2:15 PM

Do you guys remember the pricing for their maps?

|

7/18/2018 7:11 AM

Send the ecu to twisted.

|

7/18/2018 12:42 PM

CSAR FE wrote:

Do you guys remember the pricing for their maps?

Twisted D’s mapping will run you $250.

|