2017 Kxf450 oil leak

Related:
Create New Tag

1/1/2019 6:46 AM

Have an oil leak on the left side of the engine, around the front sprocket area, taking a guess it might me the seal behind the front sprocket, anyone had to replace this and if so is it a big job? Like having to split the cases etc?

Thanks

|

1/1/2019 7:00 AM

Pop your front sprocket off. Use a hook to pull the seal. Tap the new seal in. Done.

Super easy fix.

|

1/1/2019 7:31 AM

There is also a collar behind the front sprocket that has an o-ring behind it. As stated above it could be the seal, but it could also be this o-ring.

|

Take it to the limit, one more time!

1/1/2019 7:42 AM

The collar can also have a grove worn in it.

Paw Paw

|

1/1/2019 7:58 AM

Ok thanks guys will look into it, another thing just started happening which is the launch control light keeps coming on in 1as/2nd gear without me touching it, I've unplugged it from the loomb/harness, cleaned connections but still doing it, stops flashing when I get to third

Thanks

|

1/2/2019 12:05 PM

Got the sprocket and seat off, but seems like the spacer is interference fitted and can't get it off the shaft, have pulled it and leveraged it as much as I feel comfortable without breaking anything, does the spacer 100% come off because it doesn't want to budge, heated it up and everything

|

1/2/2019 2:19 PM

JTH92 wrote:

Got the sprocket and seat off, but seems like the spacer is interference fitted and can't get it off the shaft, have pulled it and leveraged it as much as I feel comfortable without breaking anything, does the spacer 100% come off because it doesn't want to budge, heated it up and everything

pictures would be nice.

|

1/2/2019 5:38 PM
Edited Date/Time: 1/2/2019 5:39 PM

Yes the collar comes off. It has an oring in it.

Paw Paw

|