2017 KX250f Top-end---

Related:
Create New Tag

5/31/2018 10:49 AM

Hitting 30 hours on son's KX250F so time for a piston. Don't want to go full race but any advantages to putting a higher compression style piston in? Always gone with standards in last bike but he is using all power now so curious on best upgrades without sacrificing reliability. Stock pipe, while loud seems best. Maybe cams? Remap? Anyone here with experience on these bikes? For a faster B rider...............

|

5/31/2018 11:02 AM

Hotcams & a hc piston are pretty tits. Have them in my kx250.

|

5/31/2018 12:46 PM

leave the 2017 cams there pretty good go with a piston with more compression my joice is usally the J&E but wiseco has the new billet race pistons also with dlc pin and hand dimonded laped compresion ring Get has a good box with a very good base map that adds a lot of power more than i usally see from a remap .

|

RHC

5/31/2018 1:49 PM

flomiester wrote:

leave the 2017 cams there pretty good go with a piston with more compression my joice is usally the J&E but wiseco has the new billet race pistons also with dlc pin and hand dimonded laped compresion ring Get has a good box with a very good base map that adds a lot of power more than i usally see from a remap .

Thanks. At what point do you need to go move from pump gas on these? We already run av/premium in our 85's so going pure AV or same 50/50 would be fine but don't really want to go full race since boys ride at home quite a bit.

|

5/31/2018 4:22 PM

I've got a ktm 250f that has a bunch of stuff done to it but one thing I did was put a vortex ignition in it and had it dyno tuned for race gas and non ethanol gas. So when son is just practicing we run non ethanol and then on race day switch maps and run race gas

|