2017 KTM suspension advice

cflowers463
Need to pick your brains! I have a 17 450 sxf, and am going to get some suspension work done, but not sure what exactly. I’m a B/C vet-ish rider and strictly do MX, and don’t want to drop a ton of cash on this setup.

For the forks, I’m thinking a revalve and an mx-tech midvalve piston/shims. I’m a little torn on the shock side, though. People talk about a bladder conversion, but I don’t know if I would even notice a difference, and I have read about the nitrogen permeating through the bladder and contaminating the oil anyway. I’m thinking just a shock revalve and low friction seals would do me fine.

So, thoughts on the WP shock and best route to take?

Thanks!
|
m21racing
2/25/2018 8:57am
Yes, you don't need to sink a ton of $ to make it work. Even stock mid tuned can work.
DTR830
Fantasy
1105th
2/25/2018 9:51am
Bladder system has been ok for me
ThatOneKid
2/26/2018 11:30am
I see you're in Michigan, I took my 150 to JP Speed up in Holly and would highly recommend him. He has a very good setup for the AER 48 which included a revalve, and upgrading a few internal components. He also did my shock which included the low friction seals, spring, and an aftermarket reservoir.

There were different levels he recommended and I decided to have him do it all. He also threw in greasing the swingarm, head, and steering stem bearings since it was an almost brand new bike. All together with labor it cost me $900 and it made a world of difference for me. I'm a fairly light rider at 155lbs without gear and i've had plenty of friends close to the 200lb mark ride the bike and while it was a bit soft for them, they still liked the suspension for it's bottoming resistance.

Post a reply to: 2017 KTM suspension advice

The Latest