2017 KTM 450 Hi-comp piston

Related:
Create New Tag

7/14/2017 6:48 PM

I know a 450 is fast enough for the vast majority of events but I have one coming up that is all about top speed, I was going to put a hi-comp piston and maybe a cam in to try and get a few more horses. Does anyone have any recommendations? Also looking at running VP MR12 as I will not be remapping. Any tip appreciated.

|

7/14/2017 7:48 PM

fullysicmate wrote:

I know a 450 is fast enough for the vast majority of events but I have one coming up that is all about top speed, I was going to put a hi-comp piston and maybe a cam in to try and get a few more horses. Does anyone have any recommendations? Also looking at running VP MR12 as I will not be remapping. Any tip appreciated.

Mr12 requires a remap. to be used correctly, use t4 if you don't want to remap.

|

7/14/2017 10:58 PM

Twisted Development has a good hi comp Piston and maps.

|

7/15/2017 3:29 AM

fullysicmate wrote:

mxb2 wrote:

Thanks thats good to know, I didnt think they did any re mapping on this dyno shootout. http://www.vitalmx.com/product/feature/Tested-VP-Fuels-Comprison,3212

|

7/15/2017 8:31 PM

fullysicmate wrote:

mxb2 wrote:

fullysicmate wrote:

Thanks thats good to know, I didnt think they did any re mapping on this dyno shootout. http://www.vitalmx.com/product/feature/Tested-VP-Fuels-Comprison,3212

Np man,all those don't need a remap, but the upper end fuels are blended for modded, remapped motors. To get the full effect. Mr12 is def better, but also alot more $

|

7/28/2017 11:30 AM

wiseco has a new piston that provide 2+hp

|

7/28/2017 1:07 PM

DCR cams for sure. Dan is making killer power on the KTM/Husky's and he has his grinds down to a science.

|

7/28/2017 1:10 PM

aees wrote:

wiseco has a new piston that provide 2+hp

Thanks man, ill look into this.

|

7/29/2017 12:02 AM

Just got me a new moose piston for my crf450. its a CP race piston ready for +2 valves if I wanted to. only going +1. comes with a dlc pin, and piston coating and gaskets

|

IG @jaredkeller96