2017 Husky 50 Bog

KVDT
Hello - Got a new 2017 Husqvarna TC 50 and got to finally run it this past weekend. Once it is good and warmed up you can bring it up to a low rpm and let off and crack it and the bike bogs bad. Sounds like it is about to die. About every fifth time I would rev it good it would do the same thing. Coming off of a low constant rpm it would bog hard.

I adjusted the air screw and idle a bit but it didn't do much. I decided to lower the needle one clip (it was on the second to the top) but that didn't change anything. Any suggestions?
|
Falcon
Fantasy
798th
1/19/2017 2:33pm
I don't know anything about Huskys or KTMs, but knowing that it is a 50, I am 90% sure you have a main jet problem.

Let me explain: the jets in the minis are so small that they get gunked up pretty fast if you leave gas in the carb. With today's gasoline, that often means "more than a week," unfortunately.
I think your bike will idle because it's getting enough fuel at low RPM. However, when you open up the throttle, you get a rush of air with no fuel in it and... BOG!
Try cleaning out the main jet (located at the lowest point in the float bowl, usually in the middle.) Don't forget to drain the fuel and start over with fresh. I bet that will fix your problem.
F1 Moto
1/19/2017 2:47pm
Clutch set up is key to performance on auto's.
It's entirely possible that the clutch is engaging too early thus dragging the engine rpm down,
Adjust the clutch to see if impoves ?
Hope this helps ?
Tracktor
1/19/2017 3:14pm
Like F1 said clutch or pilot jet. Mini's always seem a bit finicky on low end jetting. Air screw and pilto were changed often on ours depending on conditions. Start by bumping engagement up though...........
KVDT
1/19/2017 3:48pm
Thanks for the replies. I'm going to drain the carb and pull it out and clean it and see if that does it. I did adjust the clutch originally to take the hit out of it and when I got the bog the first thing I did was take it back to the original settings. The fuel I had was a little old so I think I'll go get some fresh and start new.

The Shop

Larry_Steuck
1/19/2017 8:10pm
check out KTM talk was very valuable to me when had to keep 2 of those 50s running,they had a 50s forum
656mx
1/20/2017 9:53am
If it bogs while on the stand it's not the clutch. Start by cleaning the carb and fresh fuel. Sounds like it's brand new. Might just need a bigger main jet or float hight adjusted.
Tom711
1/20/2017 11:58am
Sounds like a lean pilot. Turn the mixture screw in (clockwise) 1/2 turn at a time see if it makes it any better. Make a note of how many turns out you are as a starting point so you can always go back to it if that's not the problem.
1/22/2017 9:13pm
I haven't done anything yet since my son is racing the mini but our SR has the same problem. It will "load up" waiting on the gate to drop. I think the idle jet is too rich???
Helder
1/23/2017 1:37am
I have a 2016 KTM50 they key is change the gearbox oil often like every 2-3 hours set the clutch up and drop the needle down 1 clip.

I run 99+ in it and it is sweet!

FYI i had the same problem.
KVDT
1/23/2017 5:34am
Thanks for the replies everybody. I drained all the fuel out of it and pulled the card. Pulled the jets and cleaned and blew everything out real good. I put the needle back in the stock position and put everything back together. Got some new fuel and fired it up. The bog is gone, idles great, air screw is good now. Went and practiced Saturday and had zero problems. The bike had no hint of a bog now.

One note though, when I took the bowl off and was cleaning the carb the rod holding the float fell out along with the float needle. I was standing in the yard at night when it happened. Luckily I found them in the grass with my flashlight lol.
imoto34
Fantasy
3174th
1/23/2017 6:01pm
KVDT wrote:
Thanks for the replies everybody. I drained all the fuel out of it and pulled the card. Pulled the jets and cleaned and blew everything out...
Thanks for the replies everybody. I drained all the fuel out of it and pulled the card. Pulled the jets and cleaned and blew everything out real good. I put the needle back in the stock position and put everything back together. Got some new fuel and fired it up. The bog is gone, idles great, air screw is good now. Went and practiced Saturday and had zero problems. The bike had no hint of a bog now.

One note though, when I took the bowl off and was cleaning the carb the rod holding the float fell out along with the float needle. I was standing in the yard at night when it happened. Luckily I found them in the grass with my flashlight lol.
That's cool to hear. Doing that stuff in the grass at night, you sir are a daredevil .
1/24/2017 5:42am
KVDT wrote:
Thanks for the replies everybody. I drained all the fuel out of it and pulled the card. Pulled the jets and cleaned and blew everything out...

imoto34 wrote:
That's cool to hear. Doing that stuff in the grass at night, you sir are a daredevil .
If you have to work outside of the shop I would recommend using a cheap tarp or even a piece of indoor/outdoor carpet underneath the bike because next time you might not be so lucky in finding a lost part.

Post a reply to: 2017 Husky 50 Bog

The Latest