2017 Fc350, hour meter tampered with?

Barrett57
Edited Date/Time 6/3/2018 5:54pm
Hi everyone just after a bit of advice, I picked up a 2017 with supposedly 20 hours on it but it seems like it's done a lot more. Was just wondering if anyone knows how the hour meter wraps around the ht lead as it comes from the factory?

I've got a picture of how mine is, but I believe it may have been disconnected at some point, just looking to compare and maybe say for certain that it has been tampered with at some point. Cheers.
|
DynoDan22
5/30/2018 6:46am
That is exactly how my hour meter is wrapped for what it's worth. Yours looks factory installed. Some people can put 50+ hours on a bike and it will look showroom fresh while some put 5hrs on it and it looks clapped out. lol
sandman768
5/30/2018 3:05pm
My hr meter on my 18 250sx has gone to "error mode" 3 times now. When this happens it does not record the time until I pull it off the top clamp & push the reset button on the back side of the meter, it resets to what the time was before it went into error mode, not zero.....but if you left it in error mode it would not record engine run time until you reset it.
Barrett57
5/31/2018 8:26am
DynoDan22 wrote:
That is exactly how my hour meter is wrapped for what it's worth. Yours looks factory installed. Some people can put 50+ hours on a bike...
That is exactly how my hour meter is wrapped for what it's worth. Yours looks factory installed. Some people can put 50+ hours on a bike and it will look showroom fresh while some put 5hrs on it and it looks clapped out. lol
Well that's good to hear, I hope it is a genuine 20hrs.
Pirate421
5/31/2018 6:19pm
My experience is the latest generation husky, while beauties, wear cosmetically fast. My bike at 10 hrs looked like my Ktm at 50 hrs. Idk if the plastics were softer/weaker but the thing just wore poorly. Still mechanically great but cosmetically not so much. Have two buddies with new huskies who experience the same fwiw.

The Shop

5/31/2018 6:59pm
Pirate421 wrote:
My experience is the latest generation husky, while beauties, wear cosmetically fast. My bike at 10 hrs looked like my Ktm at 50 hrs. Idk if...
My experience is the latest generation husky, while beauties, wear cosmetically fast. My bike at 10 hrs looked like my Ktm at 50 hrs. Idk if the plastics were softer/weaker but the thing just wore poorly. Still mechanically great but cosmetically not so much. Have two buddies with new huskies who experience the same fwiw.
I bought a 17 with 37hrs and it had a few normal light marks, cases etc. I have since put another 3 on it and the shroud/sideplates are wearing quick. I blame my knee braces, gonna keep wearing them tho.
sandman768
6/1/2018 5:48am
Pirate421 wrote:
My experience is the latest generation husky, while beauties, wear cosmetically fast. My bike at 10 hrs looked like my Ktm at 50 hrs. Idk if...
Might be the white plastic....my Ktm"s clean up nice & look good after a lot of hr"s...
Barrett57
6/2/2018 3:08pm
Pirate421 wrote:
Yeah they do look gorgeous, nicest looking bikes out there I think. I'm going to do oil and filters and see how it goes, It starts like a dream and runs spot on so that's a good sign at least. Thanks for the replies everyone.
captmoto
6/3/2018 12:28pm
Pirate421 wrote:
I think it's just that they are white. Everything contrasts with white. I thought about that before I bout my Husky. Remember the Hondas with the white airboxes? The aluminum that rubbed on from the frames was impossible to remove.
Tonynz
6/3/2018 5:54pm
If you take it to a dealer they should be able to download from the ECU exactly how many hours it has done.

Post a reply to: 2017 Fc350, hour meter tampered with?

The Latest